Fabia130vRS

NEW speed run project 100MPH // Tamiya FF03 // advice and tips are welcome

Unfortunately, this ESC I bought used of ebay kleineinzeigen is garbage. Not sure what happened here.

But ESC does have signs of life, but when everything is connected and calibrated the ESC spins the motor super slow without reverse and lots of vibrations after 30sec it goes into thermal shut down.

The seller said he never opened it and would never sell such an item. What a lie!

Wyn6iXql.jpg

s5lkBxN.jpg

SO I ordered a brand-new ESC, the 80250# LRP Spin Super, a 100A sensored brushless ESC compatible with 1S - 4S

https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/spin-super-brushless-speed-control/

csm_80230_00_9fd047a9e7.jpg

Installed the motor and pinion, nicely surprised, there is plenty of room for a bigger pinion like maybe... 65T :D

spacer.png

bQSQVMxl.jpg

si7dx69l.jpg

The chassis at the moment ARTR

Z7zg3bRl.jpg

9gD838xl.jpg

c06kbcol.jpg

• Like 5

I was a bit disappointed with my current setup.

In 2018, I had a Tamiya TBLE01 ESC and a TBLM01 8T Motor (cca 5500kv) with a 64T 48P Spur and a 35T 48P pinion.

Managed to achieve 103 kph on 3s (3s quad copter 1300mAh 55-90C, rather small, bottleneck)

Now I had an LRP Spin 100A ESC and MuchMore FletaZX 13,5T motor (cca 3200kV) and 72T 64P Spur and a 60T 64P pinion, on the same 3S battery, achieving 83kmh only.

New conclusion and project road map is...

72T 64P Spur and 71T 64P pinion (still room for 73T - 75T pinion)

72 / 71 = 1,014 + 2,60 (FF03 Internal ratio) = 3,614 FDR

Also, I did not know before, the LRP X12 motor series is compatible with 4S, I might push in the future a 17,5T LRP motor on 4s... both ESC and motor are / or will be compatible. :o (would my muchmore 13,5T 3200kv work on 4S?)

Pictures of the new pinion. Such a beauty.

60T 64P vs 71T 64P

I26odOX.jpg

qmgEw90.jpg

FlfpQxI.jpg

Also, I ditched the rubber rain tires from LRP Dunlop for these used foams. I did a speed run, speed is lower because of diameter of tires. But the grip is incredible.

• Like 1

Tried it today... on 2S it is not usable. Immediately after two runs up and down the streets, the motor shuts down due to low voltage. 

On 3S it is much happier... and drivable.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, Fabia130vRS said:

The ESC ( :D ) funny how it can be the same price for 45A 60A 80A and 120A, this is a hit-and-miss

spacer.png

Burnt this one out on 3S after one run. Claimed to be ‘120A’, but you get what you pay for.

I’d love to do something like this with my TT-02 Type-S. Any suggestions?

I think if you are serious about achieving serious performance then you need to avoid the Cheap and Cheerful. Now you may be lucky but you are pushing to the upper levels of performance and the Chinese ( other countries exist) may get you there but are less likely to? If you buy branded products at least as long as you don’t exceed parameters you have more chance of getting your money back, but I might live in utopia!!!

22 minutes ago, RC_FunLand said:

Burnt this one out on 3S after one run.

Never mind 3S or one run, I bought one of these no name blue ESC before and it started smoking the moment I plugged in a 2S!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Never mind 3S or one run, I bought one of these no name blue ESC before and it started smoking the moment I plugged in a 2S!

Mine did not work. 

I bought a LRP Spin I should have bought the first time. Up to 4s

https://imgur.com/a/VM5RB7I

@RC_FunLand try to search the forum tt02 speed run.

but basically get the tt02 speed gear spur mount and aluminium speed motor mount. I think  yeah racing makes them. Start from there

Busy this weekend but from monday I could write my thoughts on speed runs and different approaches 

I have one of those blue esc and it's been fine on 2s.

It is recommended to change the fan on 3s for high flow fan.

Also you have to be careful of the amount of turns motor used, especially on 3s.

Did any of you guys update the firmware? 

7 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

but basically get the tt02 speed gear spur mount and aluminium speed motor mount. I think  yeah racing makes them. Start from there

These were my first upgrades back when I got the car. What’s the next step?

Add high gearing, I think some other cover for the spur gear would be necessary.

TT02KR uses only a small carbon plate to keep the spur and bearing in place. Which alows then to use for example - 50T pinion and 56Spur (just example, but the spur cover will

not let you fit oversize pinions)

happy-mdw-tt02-speed-run-update-97mph-v0

I like this guy. He mentions not to overgear. But I did overgear, and will try to work my way around this gearing to get it to work like this. On 3s it is very promising while on 2s you can’t drive it.

Get out all the slop in suspension, I run super hard spring in front (because FF, all the weight is in front)  hard springs in the rear but might need to switch to medium hard in rear. 

I have now ordered a LRP X11 3800kv 10,5T motor to replace the muchmore 3200kv 13,5T. Will see how that works.

I want to add also a disclaimer.

This approach I am trying is rather not to be just copied. In my opinion, this only makes sense if there is enough power to push this gearing, not to overheat the motor and kill performance. This attempt could easily fail and damage components.

This approach sounds like over gear it and just keep adding power until you are there. :lol:

I am mainly using such gearing because our speed run place is downhill about 6% and long straight afterward.

Here are a few videos of me filming my friends' car. Where you could see the area. 

https://imgur.com/ArIijlo

• Like 1