Sign in to follow this  
m3guru(2)

Can anyone identify this M3 touring car livery?

I bought this from a Japanese seller 20 years ago. The body set is a first gen Schnitzer M3 but the decals and exact livery are a mystery. I'm guessing it's 80s or 90s Japanese Group N or JTCC.

Are the decals custom or created by a company?

What does the real car look like? My english Google search didn't provide much. Maybe a Japanese language search can help. :)

If it's not based off of a real racing car, then I'd feel better using it as a running body. 

Thanks for any help. 

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

I put this in the wrong subforum....sorry it's been a while. Please move to the appropriate location.

Nevermind....I think the original Schnitzer M3 does fall in the "first 150" list. Looks like it can stay here. B)

I've found a reference to the sticker set being sold under the brand "Traco", so I don't think it is custom. But no idea on the history of the real car (I assume it is a real car livery).

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, m3guru(2) said:

Thanks. Saw that one actually. It looks to be a later model BMW. Same racing team though. 

Yep.  it's a E36 and your body is an E30.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sosidge said:

I've found a reference to the sticker set being sold under the brand "Traco", so I don't think it is custom. But no idea on the history of the real car (I assume it is a real car livery).

Traco….interesting. Thanks. Will do more research.