Twinfan

Boomer, Fox and Greenhopper coming back!

3 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

@Rb4276 apparently a new 2wd buggy from Kyosho is coming. The Ultima SB Dirt Master based upon the RB5. 

I saw, I am definitely interested

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, Rb4276 said:

I had a super sabre as a kid and it was fun but those old tamiya hotshot type don’t interest me anymore. Those ultimas look good, i contemplated doing a Joel Johnson version but at the time 75% of the parts were sold out and who knew when they were coming back

I picked up a rere Ultima to make a Turbo Ultima. Lots of upgrade parts and only now do I have all the parts. 

Boomerang finally up for pre-order on Tower.  Only $170 USD. Not bad at all. Cheaper than the Frog.

• Like 1

Very good price. Only up a few bucks from the last time they re-re'd the Boomer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Not in the UK it's not.:(

Yeah I've noticed how a few years ago the price of the kits were generally in line with the rest of the world give or take a few £s but the difference of late has been very noticeable and obviously not to our advantage:( and I can only come to one obvious conclusion!......not going to mention it but it's the same reason why I don't and a lot of the time can't order parts from overseas anymore? But the flip side is it's still relatively a good price (boomerang I'm talking about) and with a bit of loyalty discount hopefully its going to just nudge under £200......that's a big hopefully!!

• Like 2

Ordered a Boomerang, Martini TT02 Touring car. BBX, BH HotShot II. Should be fun to build these. I still have rere Nova Fox to build.

Cory

• Like 2

For those looking at Tower Hobbies, I just noticed something about the Boomerang and Novafox. I was surprised when the Boomerang only went up a couple bucks from the last re-release be I was astonished to see the Novafox drop from somewhere in the $190 range to $157. The catch? According to Tower, neither have ESCs in the kit this time around.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Saito2 said:

For those looking at Tower Hobbies, I just noticed something about the Boomerang and Novafox. I was surprised when the Boomerang only went up a couple bucks from the last re-release be I was astonished to see the Novafox drop from somewhere in the $190 range to $157. The catch? According to Tower, neither have ESCs in the kit this time around.

Good eye! I looked at the page multiple times and didn’t even notice. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Yep, no kits to Australia have ESC’s anymore, back from the BH Wild One times basically

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:46 AM, Saito2 said:

Seems to be pretty common now a days... In Canada we seem to get both... some have the ESC, and some do not... so you need to be paying attention when you're busting out a "Buy Now".

4 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Seems to be pretty common now a days... In Canada we seem to get both... some have the ESC, and some do not

The US was pretty good about getting ESCs in their kits. Some high end stuff like the Egress didn't and the Bigwig didn't either, which was odd at the time. I guess we're following suit with the rest of the world now.

Here in the UK most kits come with ESCs unless you specifically chose a retailer who offers a "without ESC" option for a small discount.  The new BBX doesn't have one as standard, nor the usual suspects of Egress/TD2/TD4, but the upcoming Boomer/Fox/Grasshopper plus most of the regular re-res like the Lunch Box/Neo Scorcher/Monster Beetle/Thundershot etc do.

FYI the candy green grasshopper is SO much cheaper than the standard kit  93.00 vs 127.00 US for anyone interested in an original grasshopper. It comes with the ESC

On 2/13/2023 at 1:46 AM, Saito2 said:

I saw that.  I guess for those that want the candy green grasshopper as a shelf queen that ESC can be used on one of the other new kits.  otherwise its about $20 US for an ESC

So strange.  it comes with a motor yet no ESC.....

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 3:31 PM, danimaldaisy said:

I saw that.  I guess for those that want the candy green grasshopper as a shelf queen that ESC can be used on one of the other new kits.  otherwise its about $20 US for an ESC

So strange.  it comes with a motor yet no ESC.....

If you are going to not include an ESC, don't include the motor I won't use anyway and knock another 8 dollars off the kit. Less weight, less material, less of a boring 540 motor collection. 

On 2/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, danimaldaisy said:

FYI the candy green grasshopper is SO much cheaper than the standard kit  93.00 vs 127.00 US for anyone interested in an original grasshopper. It comes with the ESC

I picked one of the greenies up for the wife to have something to bash around with. I would have prefered a white one as it was my first hobby RC back in the 80's but the price difference was too much to pass up, got it for $83 shipped with a coupon code and some points. Not sure why the white one is so much more, and it was in stock but the green one isn't shipping until May.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, David B said:

I picked one of the greenies up for the wife to have something to bash around with. I would have prefered a white one as it was my first hobby RC back in the 80's but the price difference was too much to pass up, got it for $83 shipped with a coupon code and some points. Not sure why the white one is so much more, and it was in stock but the green one isn't shipping until May.

Tamiya sells paint for the body. No one ever paints the stock body LOL, even though the instructions say to use paint.  You can paint it any color you want.

7 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

Tamiya sells paint for the body. No one ever paints the stock body LOL, even though the instructions say to use paint.  You can paint it any color you want.

I was thinking about painting in the Blockhead Motors scheme, I like that for some reason.