Sign in to follow this  
Collin

Tamiya TG10 2 speed transmission hop-up

Hi Guys.

Some times I search ebay just for some curiosity and found a 2 speed hop up for the tg10 chassis.

Tamiya - 53359
pic.php?firm=Tamiya&best=53359&id=0123CU

Now I am very curious if I can put this gem into my TR-18T runner, that would be the candy on the top. I think its possible but first I need this kit. I guess its hard to find now? Also I have not seen any pics in the web. Do anyone of you have som ephotos of the installed kit or further informations? Or a kit? : )

Greetings.
C.

In fact its Tamiya TR-15T to search for a manual.

Great posting, lot of helpfull Informations. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Here's one @Collin (if you are ok sourcing from yahoo Japan via 3rd party buying services): https://www.jauce.com/auction/c1078894043

Also I'd suggest contacting eBay seller focusr95, based in the UK and called Andy. He's been selling off a huge amount of vintage nitro and other Tamiya kits and parts over the last few years, and I have bought many items from him direct. I'm sure he has sold new in pack as well as lightly used examples of this two speed over the years, and may well have another somewhere, so worth asking if he has one in his stash. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/focusr95

@futureworks Thabks for this links. I am a bit low on RC budget but will have a look. I think the MDC housing is very much the same shape than this 3-point-mounting plate which also takes the brake disc, both models share. I think its very possible to make it fit, which would be the blast! Ratio is still a good question but I can start counting teeth now.

What a project, I have to try this...

Ah, I think the MDC is not further needed because the 2-speed-gears do have a seperate clutch inside, which do the gear changes, right?

1st Gear: 15/51 = 3.4
2nd Gear: 19/47 = 2.5

TR15T: 18/64 = 3,6

Might be fun : )

@futureworks Hi. I wanted to sent you a pm but its not possible somehow. Mailbox filled up???

Hi mate.

Just had a look on Jauce and article is not possible for sale, other article of this seller are. What I thought, the transmission is in "engine" category. Do you have experience with this blocked items? I know stuff with oil and gasoline are a bit special, even if they only where in touch with this substances?

Greetings,
C.

Getting messages from others, so not sure why. Anyway, if you create an account at Jauce, you’ll have a summary account page with a ‘mesages’ box top right of screen, click that and you’ll see a blue button ‘new ticket’, and from this you can make a request for Jauce to make a bid for you, as you can’t do it yourself for blocked items. They will bid for you for blocked items if you explain it is not a battery, engine, or something with oil in it. You have to deposit money first. Just be sure you understand all the costs of using these buying sites, as what you pay could end up being double the item cost once shipped.

• Thanks 1

Hey Ho.

Got the newer one transmission kit form PlacaJapan today. Nice to read some JP newspaper as used for packing : ) Also they added a little funny goodie. Nice shop anyway.

Pormissiong, the hole pattern is simular to the MDC.

Just by the feeling I thing the MK1 version would fit better but need to have a closer look soon. But need to find one first...