Saito2

Kyosho Ultima SB Dirt Master

1 hour ago, Tamiyastef said:

Thanks for the link to the "destructions" :) 

I hoped for more info on internal and final gear ratio with different pinions but no fancy spec sheet as in the Legendary series manuals :( 

Internal ratio is 2.6

Smallest Kyosho spur listed is an option is 69T, largest is 82T.

• Thanks 1

Kyoshoamerica.com has them out of stock, but listed at least! $199

It can't be pre-orders; they literally had nothing on their site a couple days ago.  I'm guessing it isn't so much as "out-of-stock" so much as coming soon.

Anyway, perhaps this might push the price of the TD2 and/or BBX down a bit too.

Unboxing video by Kai City RC on YouTube. 

P.S.: I hope it's OK for me to post a link to someone else's video on here :unsure:.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

P.S.: I hope it's OK for me to post a link to someone else's video on here :unsure:.

It certainly is, especially when there's so much interest in thie buggy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still waiting for the kit to arrive - really looking forward to this one as I really struggle to get spares for my TRF201.

Few bits have shown up already though:

- Kyosho CVDs

- TSR aluminium battery strap

- Aluminium RF suspension mount from an RB5

- Some RB5/RB6 carbon reinforced plastics that may or may not fit :blink:

- Brass front suspension pivot block that may or may not fit :blink:

Just got to get some bearings ordered for the front steering assembly, and some M3 screws to replace the self-tappers.

Not decided on electrics for this one yet so still got that to sort.

Should be a great build - and looking forward to racing this on some of the grass tracks in this years regionals. Hopefully spares for these cars become available before the outdoor season starts.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a part number for the body set? As I mentioned before, I want to use one for my NIB RB5. So, I'll have a modified Dirt Master or a Dirt Master - bodied RB5. :D

Sounds like Kyosho is pushing the limit to make as many parts in plastic as possible. I am still on the fence for this one vs the Genova and BBX. I am actually leaning towards BBX thinking it may have more ground clearance for bashing. 

On 3/11/2023 at 1:11 AM, Tamiyastef said:

Unboxing video by Kai City RC on YouTube. 

On 3/16/2023 at 4:23 AM, RichieRich said:

Does anyone have a part number for the body set? As I mentioned before, I want to use one for my NIB RB5. So, I'll have a modified Dirt Master or a Dirt Master - bodied RB5. :D

UMB52 is the number you're looking for. (Ultima SB Dirt Master Non Decoration Body Set)

• Like 2

Anyone got there's yet? Mine left HK on the 18th and is currently in hands of FedEx - can't wait for this one to show up!

Edit: As I post this the tracking updated to show it's going to be here tomorrow :D

• Like 2

Me neither....noticed on Kyoshos Japanese website it was listed as in stock. They must be on boats somewhere on their way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

Anyone got there's yet? Mine left HK on the 18th and is currently in hands of FedEx - can't wait for this one to show up!

Edit: As I post this the tracking updated to show it's going to be here tomorrow :D

Where did you order from? I was waiting for Kyoshoamerica.com to carry it, but it is like they are specifically ignoring it.  They finally have a page on it up, but the links to spare parts or option parts don't work, and it only shows 'out of stock'.  It is like they are specifically dragging their feet on this.  I looked at kyoshoeurope and they are in the same sad situation, so maybe Japan doesn't want to sell it overseas? :(

• Sad 1

All the stock I've seen on sites so far has been very fleeting - I was lucky to get one on Rcmart. The stock status there never went to green, just straight to "last few units remaining".

Edit: The big UK retailers are showing ETA for early April

On 3/16/2023 at 4:13 PM, stockae92 said:

Sounds like Kyosho is pushing the limit to make as many parts in plastic as possible. I am still on the fence for this one vs the Genova and BBX. I am actually leaning towards BBX thinking it may have more ground clearance for bashing. 

I think the RC demographic is pushing Kyosho's limit to make as many parts in plastic vs their usual aluminum and CF, glass reinforced fiber parts.  I doubt Kyosho wants to make these so plasticy..  I am hoping for a competiton trim (not that I race or anything) but probably won't happen.  I believe Kogawa-san designed this car too.  I haven't  found much interest in this segment so hadn't asked.. but between the 3 you noted, I would take the Kyosho for sure.   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I think the RC demographic is pushing Kyosho's limit to make as many parts in plastic vs their usual aluminum and CF, glass reinforced fiber parts.  I doubt Kyosho wants to make these so plasticy..  I am hoping for a competiton trim (not that I race or anything) but probably won't happen.  I believe Kogawa-san designed this car too.  I haven't  found much interest in this segment so hadn't asked.. but between the 3 you noted, I would take the Kyosho for sure.   

Unboxed mine today - and yeah there's not a lot of aluminium parts in the box, but I wouldn't expect any in a £200 kit.

The plastics feel like reinforced composites - comparable to the materials you'd find used to make Tamiya's modern kits like the TD2/4, M07/8, CC02 etc.

It'll be plenty strong enough for racing.

RB5 parts, and some RB6 parts will fit if you want to add some carbon and aluminium bling

• Like 6

Just now, BuggyGuy said:

Unboxed mine today - and yeah there's not a lot of aluminium parts in the box, but I wouldn't expect any in a £200 kit.

The plastics feel like reinforced composites - comparable to the materials you'd find used to make Tamiya's modern kits like the TD2/4, M07/8, CC02 etc.

It'll be plenty strong enough for racing.

RB5 parts, and some RB6 parts will fit if you want to add some carbon and aluminium bling

Awesome, GL with the build!  B)

1 hour ago, Misterp180 said:

Delayed until April 28th

Bummer. Hopefully not the first of many delays...

• Like 1

My LHS has told me not to expect stock until late April and that was based on info directly from Kyosho.  As to the Kyosho America website, I notice that parts tend to come in bunches under the New Items banner so I suspect that the website is only updated in batches.  No concern from me though, been ordering parts that I presume to fit (dampers, universals) waiting for the actual kit.

4 hours ago, RichieRich said:

body set is available

Nice but probably the least wanted part of that car as most people don't think it's good looking. :D  Boxart doesn't do it justice, but I've already seen some nice ones. The Kai City RC one on YouTube for example looks really good IMO.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:39 PM, Tamiyastef said:

Bummer. Hopefully not the first of many delays...

It wouldn’t be a genuine Kyosho if it arrived when they stated! Passed experiences you’ve got one or more delays yet? 

2 hours ago, moffman said:

It wouldn’t be a genuine Kyosho if it arrived when they stated!

True! 

My LHS takes orders but doesn't give an expected delivery day. The Optima Mid came quite fast IIRC. Online hobbyshops seem to get pre-orders and pre-payments in and then change the expected delivery date to a later date... My LHS doesn't take payments before actual delivery. 

• Like 1