tam-trucks

is this lipo charger any good for first time lipo user?

I personally wouldn't.

A friend of mine has one of these and it's balancing capability is very poor.

• Like 1

oh dear!! dont sound any good.....you got any idea what else is better for idiot proof charger?

No, it is really basic giving little information on your charge status. Two of my first lipo chargers are a ISDT PD60 and a ToolkitRC M4. The ISDT one also does NiMH while the ToolkitRC one gives more info, can charge to storage and can do HV lipo.

These two are still used when I charge outdoors as I can use a power bank with them although my home charger is a SkyRC e680 with far more features. 

The "off grid" option with them is also useful if you want to charge questionable batteries that you do not want to blow up indoors.

I would caution against cheaping out on lipo batteries or chargers. 

• Like 2

I purchased a car the other day and it came with one of these...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgreensmodels.co.uk%2Fproducts%2Fetronix-powerpal-touch-90w-ac-dc-performance-charger&psig=AOvVaw2LzccDFY-jYYSB4DRaRpXg&ust=1674151682152000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA4Q3YkBahcKEwigrcWT29H8AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBA

Ddn't read the instructions and found it to very easy to use/understand.  I have to admit I was impressed.

thanks all for reply and links too......goner have to think is it worth £££ on lipo`s and charger just to have brushless eb4

im thinking off,save the money-sell brushless system-buy something else......strip eb4 for spares

• Haha 1

I would always get a charger with a display. It's really important to know what is actually happening with your battery rather than relying on a combination of LED lights.

Don't skimp on a charger, and don't buy off Amazon or especially Ebay, there's hundreds of cheap copies on there, and you only really know, when it's too late...😬

A good LCD screened charger will usually charge Nimh better too, running through a cycle charge etc, so I'd prioritise the charger first, before buying a lipo battery.

This is the cheapest LCD screened charger modelsport has, at £35 (not sure what charge leads are with it, might be worth a phone call).

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-s65-ac-charger-65w-438918 

You'll also need a charge bag and a balance lead extension too , to tick all the boxes.

I realise it's nudging the price up but I would add that a dual charger is worth a premium if you can stretch to it. This is because the various operations you do are often a quick switch on and then a long wait. No bother, but a lot of time elapsed, and that can be halved. Like putting packs back to storage charge or just checking them. A discharge to storage charge takes ages. If you've got more than one pack you're going to value doing two at the same time. And moving to dual might only cost another say £10:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-t100-dual-battery-lipo-balance-charger-444856

I've got a HTRC T240 Duo but I notice they seem more money now. 

I would echo what others have said. I wouldn't personally buy the charger linked as it provides very crude info on what is going on with your cells. The chargers that others have linked may look a bit intimidating, but they are actually very straight forward to use and if you do something you shouldn't, chances are it will bleep at you to let you know before it actually does anything.

Defo worth spending a bit more for a decent charger for a) peace of mind, b) flexibility, c) reliability and d) longevity.

well....bought lipo balance screen display charger with batteries....but it is second hand as seller upgraded...so saved few ££...enough to buy subaru impreza parts :D just welding left to do so happy days

thank all for the help...thought about new prices but it didnt make sence just for 1 car!

let you know how i get on with secondhand cahrger and lipo batteries

@tam-truckssounds like I'm a little late to the party but if you ever are looking for another charger I would go with the SkyRC that @Cephaslinked. It's a great piece of kit and very easy to use.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:01 PM, tam-trucks said:

well....bought lipo balance screen display charger with batteries....but it is second hand as seller upgraded...so saved few ££...enough to buy subaru impreza parts :D just welding left to do so happy days

thank all for the help...thought about new prices but it didnt make sence just for 1 car!

let you know how i get on with secondhand cahrger and lipo batteries

Ah yes but RC cars are like tribbles...before you know it, what started as a single, solitary car becomes 10, 15, 20+ cars...😁

The Imax B6 Evo is great that won't break your wallet. I have one and love it. Bought it new at $33.

QUmK4zy.jpg

well this is what i bought of ebay....all fully working and very-very pleased....eb4 goes like a rocket...got to do a video sometime

tc 1.jpg

5 minutes ago, tam-trucks said:

well this is what i bought of ebay....all fully working and very-very pleased....eb4 goes like a rocket...got to do a video sometime

tc 1.jpg

That looks exactly like the SkyRC e680 I have.