Sign in to follow this  
M 800STD

HPI R40 - Stock, Mod and Hara

Finally all my parts are in.  Going to rebuild one chassis standard, one with options and one full Hara spec with options.

Have to admit I am not looking forwards to this as there is a lot of cleaning to be done before assembly.

20221216-005914.jpg

20230119-174213.jpg

• Like 6

looking forward to this, some of my favorite cars are HPI nitro's. I would say you got pretty lucky though because I usually have to buy three rollers in order to get a complete car!

lol.  I purchased first car, stock, had dampers missing and a couple of minor parts missing.  Couple of years later purchased another, mod, which had plenty of nice bits and came with various other things like shell, wheels, starter box, rc system, tyre warmers and a few other things.  Basically I thought it was a bargain.  Roll on another couple of years and purchased the Hara, which needed engine pipe and clutch assembly.

I pulled them all apart and they sat for a few more years in biscuit tins.  After tripping over them too many times, I thought I better get on with it before parts get really difficult to source.

A stupid amount of money has been spent in parts, too much if I'm honest.

20230123-032701.jpg

I thought I would start with the engines.  The orange coloured head engine is a RB Concept .12 with Nova Rossi pipe.  Fully rebuilt and pretty much ready to go, just need one bearing so I can mount the pinions.  This will be mounted in the Hara chassis.

20230123-032841.jpg

The silver head engine is a new Force .18 with TM pipe, which will be mounted in the Mod chassis.  It was a pull start engine but I cut down the rear plate and starter shaft to get it to fit.

20230123-032934.jpg

As for the stock chassis, I won't be adding an engine as I might sell it.  Not sure yet.

• Like 1

HPI Competition shocks cleaned.

20230122-052831.jpg

New HB R10 shocks, as I could not find any HPI shocks.  The R10 was the successor to the R40.

20230122-204208.jpg

Done.

20230123-031625.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks.  I'm not one for writing long passages, so if you have any questions just ask.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

The chassis is not perfect but a lot better than what it was.

Rear arm and diff supports now mounted.

20230130-211437.jpg

• Like 3

Very cool project @M 800STD. I used to drool over those RB Concepts engines when I had my Inferno 7.5 back in the early 2000’s. I would imagine your Hara-spec car is going to absolutely fly!

• Like 1

@Room335  Me too, but was more of an OS fan.  I have the Super Eight, then modified it with DX and MP parts.

I am looking at Picco and OS engines for the Hara and also wondering when Nova engines will be releasing a .12.

Bigger block engines are just too heavy and will ruin the dynamics of the Hara.

• Like 1

Rear diffs.

20230130-201545.jpg

I was impressed with the gears, hardened and no cast parts.  The metal diff case leaked.  Could of just greased the gears instead of filling the case with oil.  Instead built it up as a solid rear axle.

20230130-203749.jpg

• Like 1