Scammers on Tamiya Club

Got suspicios request on a part I am looking for. Looks like a new pattern,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact
Gary on xxxxxxxxgary@gmail.com regarding your
request. He is located in the and the last time i talked
to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from
him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

User name is james21 with brandnew profile.

• Like 2

«They» think its more trustworthy that he tells you to contact another guy on a @gmail because that guy can provide TOP noch products …. omg :lol:

Its great as long that «They» can not even figure out a trustworthy monolog, its like they are not even trying

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hate scammers. I try to only sell my stuff to active TCers which limits who I can sell to, but better safe than sorry…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simalarion said:

«They» think its more trustworthy that he tells you to contact another guy on a @gmail because that guy can provide TOP noch products …. omg :lol:

Its great as long that «They» can not even figure out a trustworthy monolog, its like they are not even trying

Yeah, it's like he hadn't filled in half his template.  The terrible grammar has always been a clue... sadly I suspect its a sign they are sending out a lot of this crap everyday. I'm surprised they're not using chat gpt to draft the messages yet.

As mentioned earlier though  it sucks they are targeting small communities now. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I dunno, but somehow the Email Adresse xxxxxxxxgary@blabla.com does give me a feeling of sincerity and trustfulness :D makes me wanna have xxxstevexxxbj247 as a username just for giggles

• Haha 3

james21 has an e-mail address on his profile that does not contain "gary". Again, do not do any deals with people that do not participate on the forums.

earlier today (sunday 16-4-2023) message from james21 ....tell about a friend who had king tiger parts!!!!! and email address to contact on

message goes........

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Gary Linafeltergary@gmail.com regarding your
request. He is located in Uk  and the last time i talked
to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from
him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

also posted on another scam thread

Bmmsense is another username being used. I had a wanted add  and got a pm saying his mate had the part I was after and to send him an email. Think we need a list of suspected scammers so all forum users can check before buying off anyone.

James again. :unsure:

Is there an administrator who can at least block this user? No? :angry:

Guys, the only admin that can ban/block users is netsmithuk. If I had the option, I would ban outright and/or set up some kind of restrictions to being able to use the sales/trades/wanted forum and send PMs. That way you all aren't being subject to scammers.

Looks like you all are doing well at identifying them. FYI, Bmmsense's ip address is Nigeria...so take from that what you will. James21 is messaging from Columbia, South Carolina USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

Guys, the only admin that can ban/block users is netsmithuk. If I had the option, I would ban outright and/or set up some kind of restrictions to being able to use the sales/trades/wanted forum and send PMs. That way you all aren't being subject to scammers.

Looks like you all are doing well at identifying them. FYI, Bmmsense's ip address is Nigeria...so take from that what you will. James21 is messaging from Columbia, South Carolina USA.

Thanks for investigation. Yes I agree there are some options and I dont think its the users who are responsible for ID and post about this scammer.

@administrator @netsmithUK Can you please take responibility for this? At least saying something about it? This really takes the fun out of this place, posted two or three times in the wanted section and got every time contacted by some suspicious members.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

No chance of a pinned suspected scammers list on the for sale page? 

Don't see why not

• Like 1

Look out Sinzu's about

Screenshot_20230515-003829.png

@McAlister: created his account on Saturday, 0 content, supposedly has a hard to find decal sheet I am searching for, wants me to email him directly "to get a faster response"... Enough said.

Stay safe out there!

Screenshot_20230615-101401.png

• Like 3

Aretega just messaged me, same BS about contacting someone direct. New member just joined

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

Aretega just messaged me, same BS about contacting someone direct. New member just joined

Me too, here is what the poor soul just sent me. It's not very harmful because it's so obvious/pathetic but then you can't help thinking, what is another TC member actually get caught one day?

Screenshot_20230621-192851.thumb.png.ddb0d17e56765c19e07333c75b728e92.png

I love the bogus email, "thecreativemind717", creative mind indeed 🤣

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Me too, here is what the poor soul just sent me. It's not very harmful because it's so obvious/pathetic but then you can't help thinking, what is another TC member actually get caught one day?

Screenshot_20230621-192851.thumb.png.ddb0d17e56765c19e07333c75b728e92.png

Exactly the same message word for word

• Like 2

Hi all,

Now I have elevated admin rights I have been going through this thread and deleting the accounts. If you get anymore approaches let me know ASAP. @RichieRich drop me a note if need be

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty new here, and started some WTB threads shortly after joining. I had two "members" go straight to DM and send me contact info for their "friend" to deal directly.

To self: Umm . . . nope . . . smells fishy.

After seeing this thread, I just checked my messages and sure enough, they are gone (members deleted). So while I was vigilant for myself because it didn't feel right, I now know I should report suspected activity.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GToddC5 said:

I'm pretty new here, and started some WTB threads shortly after joining. I had two "members" go straight to DM and send me contact info for their "friend" to deal directly.

To self: Umm . . . nope . . . smells fishy.

After seeing this thread, I just checked my messages and sure enough, they are gone (members deleted). So while I was vigilant for myself because it didn't feel right, I now know I should report suspected activity.

Please let me know if it happens again. I can do some checks in the background. The "contact a friend" is now a very common scam

• Like 1

Morning, afternoon and evening all,

Another two members removed this morning (UK time) after some suspicious message activity. Once again, please remember to be very careful about dealing with people you dont know. Be especially careful of a new method of trying to scam where one account refers you to someone else saying that the someone else has what you need.

Report everything suspicious!!

• Like 4

“The last time i got Chrome wheels from him he mentioned he might have it for Sale”

Hmm 🤔 so apparently he was given the Chrome wheels and THEN was told he MIGHT have them for sale.

“Actually Xray Mark i preferred  when you sent me free Chrome wheel and they where not for Sale, so keep up the good work mate!”

• Like 2

Very much agree with all the above 

And genuinely hope no one would deal with anyone new then blame the Club ? 

PS I’ve £700 in titanium screws @svenb / bank account is Prince Neveradit in Lagos ?

• Haha 1