Jorgen

At my wits end with the TBLE02-S

Well heres my situation

I recently got a kit of Amazon that came with the TBLE02-S esc. I have hade this before when it came with the Holiday Buggy. Back then no problem at all. Just installed it and switched it on and everything was fine.

But now I cant get it to work no matter what I do. Spent three evenings now and about to give up. Just cant figure it out.

First when installed, the channel 1 servo worked fine. Now nothing works. 

Is threre a chance that the servo can be damaged when I fiddle around switching from brushless to brushed? connecting and unconnecting cables etc?

Ive tried to rebind radio and reciever (Futaba 3PV and R203GF) reciever now has steady green light.

So far I have done this:

Switched to brushed mode (Have a standard silver can connected) green light solid now

Done the high end setup as described in manual.

Tried another esc Carson 70 with same result

Changed to new batteries in radio

Make sure the  nimh batteries are charged.

Im worried that , with all the ways I fiddled around, the esc in some way has shortcircuited/damaged the reciever or servo. Could this be possible in some way?

One problem (at least to me ) nowadays is that theres almost no hobbyshops around where you could get hands on help. At least not where I live. 

I watched all youtube instructions and read all I could find online

Anyone experienced something similar?

Any help highly appreciated

What exactly is the problem - no steering?  Does the motor work OK?  Is the ESC beeping/flashing etc?

Steering worked upon last evening. Now all is dead. The led on esc is constant green

Does the motor run?

When you turn the ESC and receiver on, what colour does the ESC light up/flash and does it beep once or twice?

Thank you for your replies 

It turns to solid green it has never made any sounds 

What baffles me is that the servo worked initially 

3PV…I use the same radio.  Though that complicates the troubleshooting process, it is still highly reliable paired to the TBLE02.

First confirm that the radio is set to S-FHSS for the R203Gf and not T-FHSS for the telemetry models.

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

Thank you for your replies 

It turns to solid green it has never made any sounds 

What baffles me is that the servo worked initially 

The ESC isn't firing up correctly by the sound of it, so as SupraChrgd82 says I'd check your transmitter and receiver are connected correctly.

The ESC should flash and beep when fired up to confirm settings. A solid green light is not standard, so I'm wondering if it's faulty.

Just checked. It is set to S-FHSS 

Is it possible that this has broken the reciever since nothing works now? 

It sounds like the ESC is at fault to me.  Do you have another you can try the radio gear with?

7 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Tried another esc Carson 70 with same result

I once had that ESC's BEC killed by a water damaged Rx. It (the ESC) still powers on but will not power the Rx and of course the servo. Since it is not receiving a signal from the unpowere Rx, it has no confirmation beeps or anything. After replacing both the ESC and Rx, the servo works again.

Not sure if it is your case here but you may want to test another Rx along with a known working ESC.

First of all thank all for your kind help

While trying again this morning I did the following. I changed from  S-FHSS  to T-FHSS and saved that setting. Then changed back to S-FHSS and now steering works again. So guess that the reciever and servo is fine.No throttle what so ever though. And no beeps

I have another brushed only ESC (Carson 70 Dragster also never used) that worked right away. I wanted the TBLE becaue its brushless ready

Could it be a setting in the radio thats not correct?

20230122_145645.jpg

20230122_145655.jpg

20230122_145625.jpg

Presumably you are trying to test it with a motor attached (apologies if it's a daft question!). The default mode bizarrely seems to be for brushless mode (when they are supplied in a kit with a brushed motor).

The ESC should give some indication of lights when it's happy or not (such as wrong motor type indication), in a similar way when it's working to showing when it's hit max throttle for instance through the LED (IIRC it's off when on (somewhat unintuitive), green under throttle, and then goes out when hits max throttle or reverse for brushed mode).

I often struggle to set them up as I can't easily tell the difference between the orange and red LED colour, but once done they tend to just work. Like someone said earlier, LED just being on doesn't look right.  It should just beep once and then go out when it's turned on.

A solid green LED with no sound on the ESC is not normal operation according to the manual.  It should beep and flash initially to indicate the current settings, then go off.  If accelerating not at full throttle the green light should be on along with a constant noise.

It sounds like the ESC is faulty to me, especially if everything works OK with the Carson ESC.

Ok thanks. I wonder how Amazon will handle this since the kit is finished:wacko:

4 hours ago, Fish Slice said:

I often struggle to set them up as I can't easily tell the difference between the orange and red LED colour

Same here as I am colourblind. I had to get my wife to see those LED colours for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Ok thanks. I wonder how Amazon will handle this since the kit is finished:wacko:

Well aside from the fact that to you couldn't really (honestly) return it as the kit has been built, those ESCs regularly sell for sub £20 so as @Twinfan said just accept it and move on, especially if you have something better for brushed motors to run with.

I'd offer to test it on my Futaba for instance, but it would cost over £3 (assuming UK) each way to post it...

Thanks a lot for your kind offer. I found a new at a good price on Ebay though.

Never had anything not work from Tamiya

19 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Thanks a lot for your kind offer. I found a new at a good price on Ebay though.

Never had anything not work from Tamiya

Well if that is the same, you'll know it's user error or not. 😉