Nobbi1977

Collaboration build?

So my inability to finish anything I start has bitten me again. Life is busy and time is in short supply so I need to get rid of what I know will never get done.

So a plan hit me. Is anyone up for a challenge? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is a SCX chassis made with no real SCX bits and a fake 3 speed body. I have made links to get the wheelbase about right but it is far from finished. The axles are Maverick Scout ones. 

Anyone fancy putting in some time and then auctioning off the result for charity? I know I could just sell what is here and donate that but it would not be as fun, and to be honest I am not sure the current collection of parts is worth much. 

If this is a very silly idea please let me know. 

I don't think it's a silly idea at all. Would like to collaborate if you could give an overall idea what you think the end result should look like BUT, and it's a big BUT: as you are in the UK and I'm in Belgium I'm afraid this might get more complicated than fun?

7 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

I don't think it's a silly idea at all. Would like to collaborate if you could give an overall idea what you think the end result should look like BUT, and it's a big BUT: as you are in the UK and I'm in Belgium I'm afraid this might get more complicated than fun?

To be honest I have not even thought that far ahead. It would be a shame to chop up the body for a rat look so I think a Restomod look might work. 

Springs need cutting down a bit to lower the wheels and the bed needs cutting to let in the shock towers to lower the body a bit. 

I am ok at screwing things together but body and paint are not my thing at all

I'm not a very experienced painter. If the body needs work to accept the rear shock stays means it is necessary to send the whole car, which is rather heavy so more expensive. 

Maybe laydown shocks for the rear might be a solution to keep the bed intact? 

By using shorter shocks instead of cutting down the springs on the current ones you get the car lower to its wheels and keep more suspension travel I think.