Sign in to follow this  
Ziddan

ORV-Ranger body mounts - free 3d printable.

After being gifted a Blackfoot for xmas and finding i really like the ORV chassi as well as the Blackfoot body i decided that i also wanted something akin to the Ranger but without going all the way to the SRB.

Looking around a bit i saw that some people on here have done really good jobs of combining said body with said chassi.

Here is my take on mounts for a Blackfoot body on an ORV chassi.

IMG_20230122_130648.jpg.b8baee4cc46416951c86427748c6089a.jpg

frontmount.jpg.c307ba80c81a2e4b6cfce447af131ff9.jpgrearmount.jpg.5965e7d61404851ff51e4175dd557bc7.jpg

All files are oriented according to my understanding of which will give the best parts strength when printed in FDM and i printed mine at 0.3mm layer height with tree supports enabled, beyond cleaning up supports and the brim i also had to drill out the holes for the body clips a little.

The front mount is fully my own design.
The base of it clips firmly over the upper tube  between the suspension stays and screws into h1 where the body post would normally screw in if this was built as a frog, its "wings" extending outside of the tube clamp has recesses that friction hold nuts.
The middle part bolts to the bottom, i made large clamping washers for this because if there are any knocks this would be the vulnerable point due to layer orientation when printing.
The top screws onto the middle, has some back/front slide adjustability and an easily changeable body post, seeing as that should be the weak point.
I have also incorporated two mount points on the middle part which i used to attach oil dampers on my build, the lower mount point i used are the unused holes in the suspension arm stays, drilled up to accept 3mm bolts.

The rear mount is a remix based on Tamiya Blackfoot/Monster Beetle Rear Body Posts
By Jesse Shipe/sixdeuces on thingiverse. 
Link to said file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4746502/

Remixing and design was done using Blender and calipers.

These files are released under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.

The downloadable files are available hereORV-RANGER-Body-Mounts-by-Ziddan.zip

• Like 2