RC4x4

Tamiya Matte Black Grand Hauler

Hey Tamiya Fans! Just started building my Matte Black Grand Hauler. I had MCI do the decals in a custom color and a matte finish to go with the truck finish. Let me know what you think. Here's the decals. I'll post some more of the build and I will just be adding a basic light kit. 

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8442.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

• Like 8

Looking good and I like the decals. Make sure u keep posting pics for us so we can build vicariously alongside you :D...these things are so much fun.

ooh, those decals are going to be nice! :o 

Nice.  I've been eying that kit for a while... just not convinced I should get into semi trucks....LOL.  ;)

@bRIBEguy, Of course you should get one!....then one more, then one more...:D. That's simply how it works doesn't it :lol:....ha ha.

More seriously, they are certainly heaps of fun and a uniquely different way to enjoy RC. I weighed it up for ages and am really glad I ventured into the semi truck world. The scale upgrade options are simply nuts and if you love upgrading and modding, you are in the right place!

Cheers

Kurt

• Like 2

Hey guys. Getting Close. Installing the lights now. The clearance lights, horns, windshield and mirrors are next. All the decals are on. I have all the rear lights, backup lights, tail lights and blinkers working. I'm just using a cheap basic light unit off ebay. I'll post a picture of it. The transmission gave a few fits. The shift servo was buzzing in first and third gear and when I set the travel out to quiet it up it wouldn't engage. I removed the small springs on front and back on shift rod. Now it shifts smooth and no noise from the servo. Tamiya made these shift rings different from the old King Hauler. Wonder why they just don't update all instead of making two different ones. Here's some pic's.

Cory

IMG_8451.JPG

IMG_8452.JPG

IMG_8453.JPG

IMG_8455.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG

• Like 6

That's looking great! Good to see another rig coming along. Pretty darn tidy wiring too which is no mean feat in these for sure. Nice work.

Keep the pics coming, great to be able to follow along on your build.

Kurt

Thanks guys! There is alot of wires when you run lights but it's worth it. I need to change the servos in my Ford F-350 with the sound system and hate to tackle the wire nightmare. I have a Knight Hauler with sound and needs to be painted now. It'll just take time. I'll try and do a small video once this is complete showing all the lights. Tamiya kits are so addictive. 

Cory

• Like 2

Here's some more pictures of the build. I think it turned out great. It just takes a little time. I like to take my time and get it all straight. Wish Tamiya included that rear platform with the King Hauler. I am including a picture of my Black Ed King Hauler that I finished a few months back and my original King Hauler from 2000 and my Knight Hauler that has full sounds and just needs painted. Next is to build the new Tanker trailer and Semi Trailer, then a MAN Painted dual axle cab over. The Blue is amazing.

Cory

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8468.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_8480.JPG

IMG_8477.JPG

IMG_8483.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Geez the GH turned out great 👍🏻 

It looks way better in person. I was thinking, Tamiya should make other colors in the decals so people could customize their build.  The MCI decals are nice though.

• Like 1