gkatz

my purchasing decisions for first car in many years

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Strange things can happen.

Ok, maybe I should explain what is happening here a bit better. The servo is a JX 9kg servo drawing 3.2A, the ESC is a TBLE-04 pushing out only 1.5A. As the servo draws too much power from the ESC, the BEC shuts down for a brief moment. The Rx got its power interrupted, so it cycle back on, causing the motor to twitch even when there was no throttle input. There had been reports of the BEC on the TBLEs been so stressed that it got burnt out.

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Strange things can happen.

Ok, maybe I should explain what is happening here a bit better. The servo is a JX 9kg servo drawing 3.2A, the ESC is a TBLE-04 pushing out only 1.5A. As the servo draws too much power from the ESC, the BEC shuts down for a brief moment. The Rx got its power interrupted, so it cycle back on, causing the motor to twitch even when there was no throttle input. There had been reports of the BEC on the TBLEs been so stressed that it got burnt out.

18 hours ago, gkatz said:

crap

what alternative would you reccomend?

Just try it and see before you do anything. I have a few Tamiya TBLE esc running 10kg plus servos happily, but some will fail. The ESC is fine except some of the newer ones have a QC issue and fail.

Generally its better to change the esc, although I have had some very cheap servos fail and take the esc with them. I have never tried those servos you linked before but if others have used them then they're probably fine

[Build Update]

so a few things I think are worth mentioning.

1. I was going back and forth between ordering the kit itself from Amazon US or Amazon DE. I have more experience with US as far as purchasing goes and it was a bit cheaper and so I went with the US. however... I did not notice that the US kit come without a ESC and the German comes with. so half way through the build i got stuck with no ESC (i didnt pay attention to this when I opened the kit). so thats 25USD more I spent yesterday on a HW1060 at aMain.com (wanted something basic that would work), [update] both kits are 58568 numbered but the german one has the "elektronischer Fahrregler TEU-105BK" tamiya esc. strange...
  2. I added a sport tuned motor I found very cheap from a seller that looks like a valid one (i actually asked about him in the potential scammers forum but for some reason the post is still pending moderator approval). here is the link but I cannot guaranty its not a fake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284690042355
  3. all the other AE hopups fit perfectly at least from a build perspective

thanks

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gkatz said:

I added a sport tuned motor I found very cheap from a seller that looks like a valid one (i actually asked about him in the potential scammers forum but for some reason the post is still pending moderator approval). here is the link but I cannot guaranty its not a fake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284690042355

The seller looks genuine.

Enjoy the car!