Sign in to follow this  
futureworks

Who made this FF01 rear sway bar set?

Clearly a vintage item, and I know Rainbow Products produced a front sway bar set for the FF01, but I wondered of anyone recognises this rear set and who made it? The front one made by Rainbow used white ball connector parts (shown at the top of pic 2),  so I suspect this rear one is by another company, like Tech Racing or one of the other Japanese aftermarket parts producers from back in the day. Any insights fellow TCers?

D2E3F719-ECAD-48EE-B429-513C9E2A4C7F.jpeg

F143A0D9-CCC5-4D16-8698-F4A89DF9BEDF.jpeg

4 hours ago, futureworks said:

Clearly a vintage item, and I know Rainbow Products produced a front sway bar set for the FF01, but I wondered of anyone recognises this rear set and who made it? The front one made by Rainbow used white ball connector parts (shown at the top of pic 2),  so I suspect this rear one is by another company, like Tech Racing or one of the other Japanese aftermarket parts producers from back in the day. Any insights fellow TCers?

D2E3F719-ECAD-48EE-B429-513C9E2A4C7F.jpeg

F143A0D9-CCC5-4D16-8698-F4A89DF9BEDF.jpeg

Don't know who did the original, but you could make something similar out of some piano wire and current tamiya parts. 

53827 stabilizer stoppers

53644 stabilizer end

54869 open adjuster long

54248 23mm turnbuckles

50592 ball connectors

If you drill 1.5mm holes through two of the adjusters just behind the open ends and mount those to the shock tower like the one in the pic you have. Make the bar by bending some 1.5mm piano wire in the right shape and use the stoppers to hold it in place. Stabilizer ends on the end, ball connectors in the arms, and use the other adjusters and turnbuckles to make the droppers. 

• Like 1

Thanks @ThunderDragonCy, good shout! I’d still be really keen to find out who made the pictured rear sway bar set as you never know, these things have been known to turn up! 

Anyone?

• Like 2