RC_Maniac

Tamiya Boxes protection

Perhaps a strange question. 

I, as I suppose many others do love the box work on Tamiya’s RC kits. 

I want to display these alongside the models but I don’t want them going funny. 
How do you protect them? Is there some sort of film I could wrap them in? 

Noting they would be stored in my garage on display.

I got some framed which was a direct copy of @Re-Bugged. It means they're no longer boxes but the glass protects them. I cpuld dig out photos but I tagged Re-Bugged as he has pictures too...

• Like 2

Thanks, 

I have seen some framed which are nice but I would like to keep the boxes as a whole ideally as I have some pets inside there 

• Like 1

D2714483-CCD3-48D2-9421-5C0E5569FEBE.jpg

70C398C4-4128-473B-8CBB-0E98C878E471.jpg

The old style box art is half the appeal and are very worthy of a frame to display them in my opinion 😉. I will get around to a Sand Scorcher box one day. 

If you don’t want to go to the expense of full on framing, these are a great alternative for protection,

https://www.artscene.com.au/Shopping/accessories/plastic-bags/krystal-seal-archival

• Like 9

6 hours ago, RC_Maniac said:

Noting they would be stored in my garage on display.

I think your best bet would be to do what @Re-Bugged did with the frame.  Garages and outdoor sheds are tricky due to humidity and heat/cold..not to forget dust.

I have a few large sketches my son drew me through the years framed in my finished garage and it has held up just fine.  Boxes can become a nest for bugs so I would not use the bottom carton.

Post up pictures when done!  :D  GL!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RC_Maniac said:

I have seen some framed which are nice but I would like to keep the boxes as a whole ideally as I have some pets inside there 

TBH, keeping box whole (or even just the lid unmodified) is equal to keeping lots of air. Ok if you have tons of space I suppose.

Thanks all, 

I’ll have a think I don’t have loads of kits (2 at the mo and some boxed accessories, motors, body sets etc) and I don’t plan on having loads, but then again I have just got back into the hobby. This is only going to end one way 😂

I have a whopping great garage that I need to fill! 

Keep mine on shelves. My Hobby Room shed is insulated and lined though

49767685253_2d1c7e7d91_k.jpg

• Like 5