Sign in to follow this  
El Hefe

Old thread etiquette question

New member, first post…wondering what the etiquette is for bumping dead threads with great and potentially relevant info (to resto/mods and reissues) from the OP and another member, but OP hasn’t had a post in 6 years?

Referring to the thread linked below, I realize the OP hasn’t been around since 2012, but the most recent poster (2016) is still active and seems to still post great info, I have some questions regarding some of the mods suggested in that thread and any modern updates/equivalents.

I also plan on starting my own thread for my current Blackfoot project, so should I bump the old thread to update it with any relevant/modern info, or just quote it and ask the questions in my project thread?

Thanks.

Just ask the question on the original thread if it is relevant. There is also a forum for your own build threads if you want to create one.

Thread bumping is only a nuisance if people bump it for no reason ("wow that was an interesting read!!!" etc.)

• Like 1

That BF Guide is still relevant.  I’m the last poster in that thread so if you have any questions, I can likely answer them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

That BF Guide is still relevant.  I’m the last poster in that thread so if you have any questions, I can likely answer them.

Thanks, I will post in the other thread to keep all the info in one place for future reference of all users.

• Like 1