BuggyDad

Plaza Japan - what it's really all about

18 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

A rumour from other forum. Tamiya is tightening down of direct sales to customers outside JP and are cutting off stock and/or tightening control. A while back, I noticed the problem with 1999. They still sell Tamiya stuff, but only to domestic customers in JP on their Japanese page. Even further back, HJL had the same problem. Alternative is to try HK sellers, my go to are AT, RCJ and RCM in that order.

BRB Ordering all the BZ/RZ/TZ motors and TRF shocks…..

• Haha 2

One time PJ included a perfectly folded origami crane.  I think they ran out of those decorative erasers at the time..anyway I showed my wife the impressively folded crane and she got confused.. she said any proper Japanese person can fold a crane nicely.

.. I realized I was not proper all this time.. :ph34r:  .. paddling up the creek with my hands and all.. 

• Haha 6

How long do orders usually take to be shipped? It’s my second time to order and it’s been 6 days now and it’s still preparing for shipment. My first order shipped the day after I placed the order. 

13 minutes ago, one_hit said:

How long do orders usually take to be shipped? It’s my second time to order and it’s been 6 days now and it’s still preparing for shipment. My first order shipped the day after I placed the order. 

The order I placed recently was 9 days between order and shipment notification. I don't think that's atypical. It's not super quick. 

• Thanks 1

I stumbled upon this old one in my Drawer of Things. Are they real lego bricks for take-apart-and-make-something-differentability? Should I open the packet to find out? Or is the not knowing more to me than the knowing? 

20230328_092226

Who knows? 

I'm inclined to think it may be. 

• Haha 4

It depends what you're ordering and where it's located in the PJ network, I think they may have more than one storage location?  Sometimes it takes a few days to get everything together to send in one package.  I think the longest I've waited is around 10 days before shipping, so 7-8 working days.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

The order I placed recently was 9 days between order and shipment notification. I don't think that's atypical. It's not super quick. 

The longest I had was 5 weeks wait from order to delivery, to Asia! I waited for 4 weeks and actually emailed them and then it turned up a week later.

PJ took exactly 7 days to ship my order.. luckily it's coming via FedEx so hope to have it soon.  :D

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

PJ took exactly 7 days to ship my order.. luckily it's coming via FedEx so hope to have it soon.  :D

Same, shipped DHL on Friday, arrived yesterday 

• Like 1

I've been 'out of the game' for a little bit but needed some cotton swabs to clean my airbrush.

Postage costs to the UK meant I thought I ought to pad the order out with a few bits for my M08R and TD4 builds :D

Whilst the DHL wasn't cheap, the PJ still works out way cheaper than RC Mart!

• Like 2

rcMart's air pack usually arrives in 15 days to the USA from the time of order, so timing wise not too different from PJ via FedEx.  PJ needs to process the orders much faster..it's like we pay FedEx rate to make up for their snail of a processing time.  :blink:

• Like 1

When I enquired about the delay between ordering and shipping with my first order with them, PJ has said that they source the parts from different warehouses and some take longer to get to them than others. Almost as if it depends on which parts you order as to how fast the order will get shipped out. No biggie though really as the value is so good😊

On 3/28/2023 at 4:26 AM, BuggyDad said:

I stumbled upon this old one in my Drawer of Things. Are they real lego bricks for take-apart-and-make-something-differentability? Should I open the packet to find out? Or is the not knowing more to me than the knowing? 

20230328_092226

Who knows? 

I'm inclined to think it may be. 

Looking closely at the package (and others posted in the thread) it seems they are "eraser" material, i.e. rubber, so probably not compatible with standard plastic LEGO bricks unfortunately.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, Willy iine said:

rcMart's air pack usually arrives in 15 days to the USA from the time of order, so timing wise not too different from PJ via FedEx.  PJ needs to process the orders much faster..it's like we pay FedEx rate to make up for their snail of a processing time.  :blink:

My PJ order is due to arrive on Tuesday 4th April via DHL :D

Woot! Woot!

• Like 2

PJ is about getting me hooked on those Hop-Up Bags like a boy in the Candy Shop

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

April is a busy month in Japan where kids start their new school year, companies start the new fiscal year etc.

No taxfree orders from PJ this time, what kills it when its stoppef is the extra (around)13£  for tax handling (then + 25% on total price ofc) no matter how small order. I was cind off waiting for it with new system/rules to catch this in Norway, i could now pay the fee directly in app also…

This is the first that PJ has been stopped for me, waiting for 1 more order from PJ but not so much hope that it slipps trough now without that VOEC code and paid anymore:unsure:

• Sad 1