BuggyDad

Plaza Japan - what it's really all about

On 2/18/2023 at 11:18 PM, BuggyDad said:

And the curiosity within is a....

20230218_211241

....Buoyancy aid for mice? 

Gotta love PJ. They really have thought of everything. 

Got a other parcel today. Well, it's been waiting a couple of weeks but I got to it today. And in it is another tiny Buoyancy aid.

20230418_182613

This time blue. Is the man from Japan worried about my mice? Is he saying something about their swimming ability? Is he offering matching gender-steriotypically coloured pool accessories for Mr and Mrs Mouse? I'm not sure. I hope he doesn't get them too excited though, they have a lot of children already. Really a lot. I had to call a man in. 

11 hours ago, simalarion said:

No taxfree orders from PJ this time, what kills it when its stoppef is the extra (around)13£  for tax handling (then + 25% on total price ofc) no matter how small order. I was cind off waiting for it with new system/rules to catch this in Norway, i could now pay the fee directly in app also…

This is the first that PJ has been stopped for me, waiting for 1 more order from PJ but not so much hope that it slipps trough now without that VOEC code and paid anymore:unsure:

Out of interest, which shipping method did you use? I've (touch wood) never had one stopped, but almost exclusively use the FedEx option.

Had another one through yesterday myself, the eraser was a bowling ball and pins :lol:

Norwegian saying ”All good thing is three” ;) 

I could choose Economic around 9$, so that was rather cheap 

• Like 1

And it was delivered after Tax & handling was paid. I always get eraser bags, maybe this is a indications on how good customer you are (?), here we go:

spacer.png

So, this litle **** again!!, when is Plaza Japan going to step up for me and accept me as a precious customer?. One day i gonna get that eraser Seal, mark my words!

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

So, this litle **** again!!, when is Plaza Japan going to step up for me and accept me as a precious customer?. One day i gonna get that eraser Seal, mark my words!

spacer.png

I'm right there with you buddy, I've got three of these and two of them are the same colour. It's like the man isn't keeping track or his eraser distribution! 

• Haha 1

They are cool and all, but I don't think they will send the ones I *really* want...

spacer.png

• Haha 5

Torture! 

20230605_104715

The same again! 

Although, there is a fan in the bottom of the box. Now what the heck am I going to do with that? 

• Haha 1

I got a bowling ball and 3 pins most recently. Lord knows where the ball has gone already, here's hoping it's not inside the dog.

They take forever to update their new parts listings. Waiting to see what they'll charge for a BB01 slipper clutch now I've caved and bought a probably much too fast motor for it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I got a bowling ball and 3 pins most recently. Lord knows where the ball has gone already, here's hoping it's not inside the dog.

Pics or it didn't happen😉😂

• Haha 1

This is just getting silly now 

20230605_195901

I feel a strongly worded letter coming on. 

• Haha 3

Maybe they read these forums to research their customers and stumbled across this thread.....and are now running an experiment to see how many times they can send the same thing to a customer :)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gebbly said:

Maybe they read these forums to research their customers and stumbled across this thread.....and are now running an experiment to see how many times they can send the same thing to a customer :)

Hehe i mentioned it in another post here, after “complaining” a few times here i got a bunch off fantastic stuff:

spacer.png

So now i feel they really 💕 me!

Edit: but no, for the record I don’t really think that is the reason for sudden change in pattern for several obvious reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

Hehe i mentioned it in another post here, after “complaining” a few times here i got a bunch off fantastic stuff:

spacer.png

So now i feel they really 💕 me!

Edit: but no, for the record I don’t really think that is the reason for sudden change in pattern for several obvious reasons.

Mount Fuji! ❤️

You truly are the chosen one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think when you guys post pictures of your shipment boxes, we should also get to see what niffy parts you bought in the box!

• Like 1

Looks like I'm missing out having never ordered from Plaza Japan before. However I did just get a delivery from hobbyrc.co.uk and was surprised to get a sweety, well, a slice from a stick of rock. Looks like their name goes all the way through it :)

sweety2.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 4:45 PM, DTSCB said:

I think when you guys post pictures of your shipment boxes, we should also get to see what niffy parts you bought in the box!

That usually goes into the postman thread. 

I spoke to someone at Plaza not long about about when standard air mail to the UK would return.

They explained that although Japan post have resumed air "parcels" to the UK, it's actually the "small packet" service that they used for most small orders, this technically comes under letter mail an still hasnt been resumed.

The terminology and categorisation is quite misleading/confusing as a box up to 30x30x30cm and 2kg can be sent as a "small packet" and comes under "letter mail"

Anyways, still no sign of it being resumed for the UK.

Feels like it's been forever now!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

They explained that although Japan post have resumed air "parcels" to the UK, it's actually the "small packet" service that they used for most small orders, this technically comes under letter mail an still hasnt been resumed.

The problem for me is they refuse to use this service whatever it is called. I tend to make small purchases as necessary that comes to below £50. Such orders from RCM or AT will have a postage cost of <£10, or even as low as £5. So while PJ is cheaper than any of these HK sellers, they do not fit my buying pattern, which is why the reason I had not bought anything to the UK from them for over a year now (I had made massive purchases from them to be posted to an Asia country and picking it myself when I was out there).

For static kits, I now turn to 1999 which offers surface shipping at around £8. Yes, it takes 2 to 3 months to arrive but I can wait.