BuggyDad

Plaza Japan - what it's really all about

20 hours ago, Juggular said:

They should send stuff wives would like... such as lipsticks or land lotions...

Man, I've already crossed that bridge. Most of the time I order from PJ, I also include something for the wife (socks, snacks, etc). Works wonders.

• Like 3

Does the economy air shipping really not include a tracking number? It’s my first time to order from them and I chose the cheapest shipping option. Order was marked shipped the next day after ordering but no tracking info was given 

I've heard Japanese people never make mistakes and the man who created all these erasers has been banished to live in America, all his erasers are being distributed to the west to erase all the political mistakes, distribution is set to continue for the next 2000 years. The man from Japan is laughing now..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, one_hit said:

E3BF9884-F109-4922-A0CC-1CD848F2ECD1.thumb.jpeg.ca4e6e14ca970a8163d0552648fe5d75.jpeg

Where are you based? Economy and standard air is still not available for UK at the moment.

mh7Z6eU.jpg

That is for one small tiny light item.

I have my first order coming from PJ hopefully on Friday (snow dependent). More excited about the potential random toy than the TRF goodness

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I have my first order coming from PJ hopefully on Friday (snow dependent). More excited about the potential random toy than the TRF goodness

Once you order from them, you will order from them more often…. Lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Im intruguied as to how Rally Blocks are sub £3 a pair!

4 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Never a truer word spoken.

Ordered for the first time since returning to the hobby back at the beginning of February.

I've placed 2 further orders since then :blink:

• Like 1

Ive not looked yet, but is it financially worthwhile buying kits from PJ? Im in the UK so unsure about postage costs for a kit

17 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive not looked yet, but is it financially worthwhile buying kits from PJ? Im in the UK so unsure about postage costs for a kit

Depends on your definition of 'financially worthwhile'. For smaller items, some will not mind paying £20+ or more for the peace of mind or speed of DHL, FedEx, etc delivery. I do, which is why I had not bought anything from them for over a year now. At least with 1999, I still have the cheaper but much slower surface option.

EDIT: Just saw you are asking about kits.

PJ do not have much kits, but anyway, kits automatically pushes it to the higher price bracket (same with body sets). Last time I bought a kit from them was a SU-01 kit, a small 1:18 kit, and that cost me £30 odd shipping on a £37 kit. I expect it to be higher for 1:10 kits.

Kits are more readily available from HK sellers like AT, RCM, 3R and RCJ. Non Tamiya chassis kits postage are quite reasonable with AT and 3R, costing as low as £10. However RCM charges you VAT on your total, and given the total cost of a kit, you will likely to be "fined" by HMRC on entry again (double tax).

As a guide, I recently checked on a GF-01 kit from RCJ, £100 kit and £70 postage.

• Like 1

Unfortunately they don’t have many kits available as @alvinlwh said which is unfortunate… I like PJ because they use JPY as their base currency… (many places list stuff as USD which ends up being more expensive in their local currency at the moment due to strong USD.

9 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Unfortunately they don’t have many kits available as @alvinlwh said which is unfortunate… I like PJ because they use JPY as their base currency… (many places list stuff as USD which ends up being more expensive in their local currency at the moment due to strong USD.

That makes sense as to why theyre so cheap! Guess the Yen has taken as much of a battering as Sterling!

Doesn't the shipping to USA make the item equal or more money, than buying it from like tower? 

I tried to buy all the hopups for my dt03 from there but with shipping it was more expensive than getting it from Tower.

3 minutes ago, F-150 said:

Doesn't the shipping to USA make the item equal or more money, than buying it from like tower? 

I tried to buy all the hopups for my dt03 from there but with shipping it was more expensive than getting it from Tower.

A. Is economy air available for USA? Check by placing only one small item in your basket and try checking out. If only DHL, EMS and the like, then no.

B. How many items are you buying? You could have gone over the weight and/or size limit for economy postage.

C. If it is not economically viable, then compare against AT, RCJ, RCM. I think RCM do not charge tax on USA orders so you should be ok with them.

If you order enough small pieces it is 'economical'... mind you I ordered more stuff.  :D 

Strategy for this round - My sons birthday is coming up so I showed the wife a couple little items to get him and she said sure! :ph34r:  it was only ~20% of the order, but it is now wife approved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/22/2023 at 10:14 PM, one_hit said:

E3BF9884-F109-4922-A0CC-1CD848F2ECD1.thumb.jpeg.ca4e6e14ca970a8163d0552648fe5d75.jpeg

You are fortunate that they have resumed economy post where ever you are.. US still only has express option 

I think theres a serious issue at PJ :blink:

An order I received earlier this year:

image.jpeg.aed9af619b9a28b1fca8b97b437ac2b5.jpeg

And now this was included in my next order which arrived today:

52747026483_20d6e5a0dc_k.jpg

The same little gift :o. This IMO is just not good enough, surely it’s not that hard for them to keep track of what gifts they have included previously for their, what, millions of customers? (Maybe not millions, but lots and lots).

I’m joking of course, PJ is as good as it gets for hop ups

**Edit - wait, it looks like they are different colours, will need to check them side by side when this orders goes out to the hobby shed. All is forgiven :ph34r:

• Haha 2

If only they were all the same. I've made the fatal mistake of offering them to my daughters and there's now a fight over which one is 'better'. All I can think to do is to order more things from PJ to try and mitigate the situation. 

• Haha 3

On 3/9/2023 at 11:57 AM, Sogogi said:

I would a lot more often if they can get more inventory..  :wacko:    I checked this am, they have no motors, no hopups I need for my Optima.  

• Sad 1

So what are your go to PJ "fill up the order" items? 

I want to put an order together and I can spend another c.4000 yen without increasing postage or risking a customs charge. But my mind has gone blank as to consumables... Obviously I don't have to spend the money but with PJ some things are such good value that a bit of inspiration can get me a gem or two for nearly nothing. 

In-coming builds are XV-02 and Optima Mid, runners are TT-02, XV-01, DT-03 and M-08R. 

If you have a flash of inspiration, let me know! 😉

Alternatively, anyone in the UK frustrated about wanting some small things from PJ you'd like to add to my order and I'll send em on? Caveat - I might be a bit slow... 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

So what are your go to PJ "fill up the order" items? 

53301 and/or 54613

51000 or 50473

Used to take 53539 as well but since found cheaper on AE.

Of course I also do Mini 4WD and that one has tons of low value items I can add.