Dan1891

New radio, DumboRC X6, is it any good?

They are OK as a cheap radio - perhaps the best of the cheap off-brand radios - but they are still miles behind a mid-range computer radio.

They do have some unusual features like multi-channel mixing built in and the option of a gyro in the receiver - but it's all analogue trims and a hard plastic wheel on the controller!

I think a lot of the people who sing their praises online have never tried a good quality mid-range radio so don't know what they are missing.

If you don't have a computer radio and prefer to have a dedicated analogue radio in your vehicles then they're fine for that job.

• Like 2

Thanks for your input! But what does it mean it's an analogue radio?

I got one for one of my street TT02s because I heard good things about it. The particular one I got had a minor drift in the steering trim. Car would only stay trimmed for a couple minutes, then it would start to arc slightly. Drove me absolutely nuts. I think the qc on cheap radios like the dumbo is lacking. You probably can get a good copy but anecdotally mine wasn’t. I threw it in the garbage and bought another rx for my Futaba 4PM. 

• Like 1

I have four of these (two with build in LED receivers and two with 5 receivers with build in Gyro) and haven't had a problem yet. Previous transmitters I owned were Techniplus, Acoms, Robbe, Sanwa and Futaba 2 channel stick transmitters BITD. More recent 3 channel cheap Flysky/Jamara that also work well IMO. Never had an expensive transmitter. I put a rubber or foam ring around the steering wheel if the plastic bothers me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

I have four of these (two with build in LED receivers and two with 5 receivers with build in Gyro) and haven't had a problem yet. Previous transmitters I owned were Techniplus, Acoms, Robbe, Sanwa and Futaba 2 channel stick transmitters BITD. More recent 3 channel cheap Flysky/Jamara that also work well IMO. Never had an expensive transmitter. I put a rubber or foam ring around the steering wheel if the plastic bothers me.

Seems pretty good for my needs then, thnks!

• Like 1

I just placed an order for the Dumborc X6, i hope it will fill my (simple) needs :)

• Like 1

Now i have tried the Dumborc X6 radio, and i think it feels pretty good for the price! Feels nice to use.

Now a question: Can you bind 2 different receivers to the same Dumborc transmitter?

On 3/14/2023 at 7:37 PM, Dan1891 said:

Now i have tried the Dumborc X6 radio, and i think it feels pretty good for the price! Feels nice to use.

Now a question: Can you bind 2 different receivers to the same Dumborc transmitter?

Yes you can, I do have several receivers bond to the same transmitter without any issues

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Yes you can, I do have several receivers bond to the same transmitter without any issues

Splendid! Then i can use the same transmitter to both my cars! The dumbo receiver dont costs much at all :)

• Like 1