Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

Possible to disable reverse on TX?

Building a Kyosho NSR500. Being a bike, it obviously does not need reverse. However the 1625 does not have the running mode jumper. Now, using a different ESC or something like that is not possible as there is a size limit as to what can fit in there nor is using a different motor (I think) as it seems to be a very specific motor with a shaft that has teeth, so possibly only Kyosho's own motors, one stock, one upgraded.

I am thinking EPA on the TX way down but that will probably means I will loose brake as well? However given that it only has 2 wheels, perhaps less braking is not that bad? Will setting EPA reduce braking too? Any comments on this idea?

5 hours ago, M 800STD said:

Use aircraft esc.

Thanks, ordered a HW Eagle 20A to try. Thought planes had gone full brushless these days.

15 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I'm sure Mtroniks to one which has no reverse.

Andrew

They certainly do but then I run into size problem. Space available will just fit a 1625 sized ESC. They have a small 10A boat ESC which will fit but it has reverse and no brakes.

You will still need some braking... not a lot on a HOR but some. The brake/reverse logic is managed by the ESC, not the Tx. So changing or adjusting your Tx will not change anything. The 1625 is Forward/Brake/Reverse. It should not be a problem. Just don't cycle the trigger/stick to full brake-back to neutral-brake again. Full brake on a HOR will more than likely cause you to crash instantly anyway so it should not be a problem at all.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

You will still need some braking... not a lot on a HOR but some. The brake/reverse logic is managed by the ESC, not the Tx. So changing or adjusting your Tx will not change anything. The 1625 is Forward/Brake/Reverse. It should not be a problem. Just don't cycle the trigger/stick to full brake-back to neutral-brake again. Full brake on a HOR will more than likely cause you to crash instantly anyway so it should not be a problem at all.

Thanks. I had also ordered a flight ESC with brake(why?) as suggested above. Will see how it goes. I know that going reverse on a bike will be a terrible idea, which is why I am wondering about knocking down the EPA, perhaps to a point where it does not reverse but still brakes? Not got to the gearbox stage on it yet (or even figured out the best way to connect the motor), so I am all just guessing at this point.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, M 800STD said:

Use aircraft esc.

Unfortunately don't work. It powers the motor at neutral, only stops on nearly full reverse. Even with trim and subtrim set to R120%.

My TT-02 came with a Carson 70a ESC with 3 modes on it, Car, Crawler and Boat -

"Jumper settings:
Model selection:
„F / B / R“ forward- brake-backward
„Boat“ forwards -backwards (without brake)
„Crawler mode“ forward-backward (handbrake)"

I think that Crawler mode just gives you forward and brake. I'll try it out tomorrow when I'm at the track.

I just went and tried it there, it's ****** all different to the normal forward-brake-reverse on all modes :/ Unless you have to reset the ESC between changes and I was doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, Simon998 said:

My TT-02 came with a Carson 70a ESC with 3 modes on it, Car, Crawler and Boat -

"Jumper settings:
Model selection:
„F / B / R“ forward- brake-backward
„Boat“ forwards -backwards (without brake)
„Crawler mode“ forward-backward (handbrake)"

I think that Crawler mode just gives you forward and brake. I'll try it out tomorrow when I'm at the track.

No, the 1060 (which is what the Carson is) will not work due to size limitations.

On 2/6/2023 at 2:35 AM, alvinlwh said:

using a different ESC or something like that is not possible as there is a size limit as to what can fit in there

The size limit printed in the manual is exactly what the size of a 1625 is.

IxGu526.jpg

I went back to the 1625 and set EPA to 16%, the point where the motor try to turn but cannot.

BTW crawler mode is forward and slam straight into reverse similar to boat but the difference is neutral is brake, always on in neutral. I have a few 1040s that works like that.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:12 PM, alvinlwh said:

Unfortunately don't work. It powers the motor at neutral, only stops on nearly full reverse. Even with trim and subtrim set to R120%.

Sorry that did not work for you.