AndyjcClod

What chassis is this?

Ho everyone im doing a bit of a clean up & found this car, that id forgot i even had!!  Please can someone let me know what chassis it is?

8212E85E-448C-4328-A930-A807A5D17C45.jpeg

Looks like a TA02T chassis but with black gearcases

Yeah it's definitely a TA02. Are the gear cases painted? It kind of looks like they're painted flat black. Have you opened them up? Are they red underneath?

I like that propshaft upgrade. If I wasn't a huge sucker for keeping mine original I'd do that. It's a shelf queen though so I guess it doesn't matter haha.

39 minutes ago, AndyjcClod said:

Ho everyone im doing a bit of a clean up & found this car, that id forgot i even had!!  Please can someone let me know what chassis it is?

It's got screws instead of hex bolts so at least we know it's a Tamiya!  :D

• Haha 4

The hex pattern on the chassis tub says TA-01/DF-01, with the black gear cases saying DF-01, and the narrow arms pointing towards a narrow scale body rather than a buggy. Hummer is a good call - I'd go with that. 

• Like 1

I remember buying it from a car boot years ago (a project that ive never done anything with)

I will check if its hot painted internals tomorrow as its in the loft. I dont think it has as im pretty sure id have noticed that.

It is the ta01 chassis from the hummer kit and not the ready to run version.

• Like 1

I’d say df01, either the ralliart lancer or Porsche Cayenne. Which is the same as the hummer except for body posts/tires.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ImALlama said:

I’d say df01, either the ralliart lancer or Porsche Cayenne. Which is the same as the hummer except for body posts/tires.

Thx i think its that ad i also have found aPorsche Cayenne body. in the same box full of rc stuff.

31 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I hadn't heard of the Hummer before, and now I really want one!

I can't believe I forgot about this. My buddy had one when we were in highschool and I had the S10. The Humvee was really cool. The only problem was it was a bit top-heavy and the front body clip never really worked right.

Haha. Memories coming back.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:04 PM, AndyjcClod said:

8212E85E-448C-4328-A930-A807A5D17C45.jpeg

Definitely the DF-01 Porsche Cayenne, you can see the shell next to the chassis? It's got orange wheels yeah?

I thought it might be. I sold mine a while ago otherwise I would have checked and answered with confidence. @Nikko85 the Hummers are like hens teeth!!! The Cayenne and Mitsubishi aren’t exactly common either!