Sign in to follow this  
dmiles

Tamiya 46305 QDS Peugeot 206

i recently ordered a new Tamiya 46305 QDS Peugeot 206, because the 206 is one of my favorite real life cars. i assumed incorrectly that i could upgrade everything to modern, but after researching it seems it might be better just to put the body on a different chassis as i would be really limited on what i can modernize. is there a modern/better chassis i can get that will fit a 540 motor and lipo for this body?

• Like 1

If you don't mind modifying the original chassis, you can make it fast enough to be fun. 

Brushless 1/18th scale combo.

Lipo racing pack

Receiver and radio.

Upgraded steering servo.

The quick drive range is totally underrated, bulletproof, is it the one with the 2 speed gearbox?.

I've had the buggy version at +40mph regularly.

i just ordered it from ebay. it hasnt arrived yet. i suspect it will end up being a shelf queen for me since i bought it for the body

The quick drive cars can be really fun. I've got a couple of buggies and the monster trucks and they are great, I've not got experience with the rally cars.

You can upgrade what you've got, and with a brushless combo it will be vert fast. To be honest I've found with a small brushless motor the AA batteries (or AA battery packs) are fine for me, and will give a huge boost in speed with brushless. The very small brushless motors don't draw much current, so I've not found the need to move to LiPO myself. I have also used brushed 370 motors to give a big speed boost.

The problem is that a new brushless combo (the best is the EZrun 2030 ) is around £40 and the servo, battery and other parts  will be the same cost as upgrades for a "proper" tamiya, which may handle better - so you can make yours go much faster, but the costs will still be quite high.

Once you get the car you might be able to work out if the body would fit something else - the MF01x might be a good candidate if the motor doesn't hit the body, but you might find it fun to have a on the shelf and as a light runner.