Sogogi

How do you carry rc cars?

Recently I started to bring my RCs to trails to enjoy. I am curious what others do to carry rc cars. 
I just use big grocery bag to put my 1/10 scale cars (mostly rally / buggies) except monster trucks which are too big to carry around.

I also thought about getting a giant camping back pack.. but not sure.

A big sports bag would probably do it. A lot of us in thd UK have old Beatties model shop bags which carry a couple of 10th scales, and are basically sports bags with a hard lining. I use a cycle courier bag for quick local park trips. 

• Like 1

Toss into the back of the car usually and driven (the RC not the 1:1) to location instead of carried, when possible.

• Like 1

If I’m running my off-road stuff I can park right alongside the track I go to, so I’ll usually just toss 6-10 cars in the bed of one of my trucks so I can use the tailgate as a table to fix them as they break :(

If running on road I use these bags, which has worked well for me since the 90s

C166F06E-613F-466F-BBBD-C80BDEED0810.jpeg.25da7c68a99eca27afb9f3d4c469764c.jpeg

and my tracked Volvo lives in a ridgid case, along with its spare wheels/tires

157347EE-3E65-40ED-9ECE-8C9210BF02D5.jpeg.2dfc1436c305fd22d40866adfc7f234a.jpeg86F04157-6632-4FCD-9F6B-C2EB1D0E7F04.jpeg.bb7a99c6a7e1d8265c965dc3097860f8.jpeg

• Like 3

For my trail rigs they are driven from the vehicle park, buggy’s etc normally just carried by their bumpers or suspension arms. 

I usually have a backpack for battery’s and tools etc. 

otherwise if I’m carting a lot of crap then it all goes in plastic tubs. But really the method depends entirely on the situation. 

• Like 1

Blue Ikea bag or Rusta bag of similar size&style.

Large enough for a Blackfoot, radio, tripod for mounting my phone on to do lap tracking, tape measure+cones for marking out a track, a brush for taking the worst of the dirt off before packing up, some random tools.

When taking my t3-01 out i found i can fit it+the above accessories into my old shuttle xpc carry bag, except for the tripod which can be strapped on the outside of it.

• Like 2

I rarely take cars anywhere anymore, but when I used to race I used those big transparent plastic totes. One tote for the cars & transmitter, another for batteries, charger, toolbox, tires, and spares, organized in smaller boxes within. This had a psychological advantage over other drivers as well, because it looked very professional and intimidating. And I needed all the help I could get.

These days, if I take a car anywhere, it's to the campground, and it's still a plastic tote, but less elaborate.

• Like 1

I use a sports bag but I cut a plywood base to fit inside to stop it try to fold up.!!

• Like 1

Many years ago I bought a dirt bag from clubmember Justin. This my favourite bag. Very handy. When dirty with mud wash it out and use again.

img31421_09112010200457_2_1100_.jpg

img31421_09112010200457_3_1100_.jpg

• Like 1

I have been for years trying to find the “best solution” for carrying my RC cars.

A lot of tests, and still I have not found the perfect solution.

But the better options that I have tested are:

- A tools bag with wheels as this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-197515-18-inch-Soft-Wheel/dp/B00466B8CI/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3KHMEM38OJ4TT&keywords=stanley%2Btool%2Bbag%2Bon%2Bwheels&qid=1676104034&sprefix=Stanley%2Btolls%2Bbag%2B%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-6&th=1

- Bags for carrying graffity sprays. https://www.mrserious.nl/product/18-pack-spray-can-bag/. Inside this bag I use some rigid plastic in the bottom. 

• Like 1

Depends on what i am doing/Where I am going.

I either use a Sainsbury's purple supermarket crate (Deep, no holes in the bottom or sides) or a slightly larger wooden crate I made.

It has platted rope handles, and can accommodate  a few buggies or road cars on their sides, and some tools and batteries. Can also be pulled on wheels if needed.

Will get some pix/dimensions when back home.

• Like 1

Same here, carried 'em by the bumper. The Clod and TXT were/are the exception. Those I grab under the center of the chassis and kinda hoist up on my shoulder as I walk.

• Like 1

When I raced, I use to carry my sedans in large duffles.  

But if I was to do it today, I would probably use stackable plastic bins and use a folding dolley to carry my stuff to the bench or work area in one trip.  

• Like 1

Carry mine by the bumper too. Usually only have one with me at any one time.

• Like 1

Throw what I'm taking in the Jeep, and take it to where I'm running the rcs. Run the rcs till their dead and reverse order. My crawlers have hours of run time so I'll take 2 matched packs and walk until I'm ready to go home.

No special ruck sack things. No pelican cases for my radios. Just throw them in and pull them out.

• Like 1

What I use is like a duffle bag but only it was supposed to be a storage bag.   This came with a huge camper cover we have for our travel trailer.  Like most "folded" items we buy, they're nice and perfectly compact packed/folded when you first get them but for the life of you, you'll NEVER duplicate that completed size when you try to fold it up......ever....

So......not one to throw something like this away, a few years later....hey, they fit my crawlers!   All I did was cut a scrap piece of peg board to use as a floor.   We ended up replacing the torn camper cover with an identical one so now I have two of these.    What's nice about them is the heavy duty carrying straps go down under the bottom so they should last a while even with my not-so-svelte TRX-4 Defender. ;)

Now, at a later time, I realized there's a second zipper all the way around the bottom of the cover storage bag that pretty much expands the size by about 40%.  (similar to expandable luggage)  Probably could make the camper cover fit in there now if: 1) I tried hard enough and 2) If I already didn't repurpose them for my RC rigs!  :D

rc bag 3.jpg

RC bag 2.jpg

RC bag 1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice thread!

I carry my RC cars around very often, so for me it's more about functionality than looks. I usually have two ways about it:

-my trusty 30-liter backpack (which I use daily also for everything else, from work gear to skateboarding gear) is my go to choice when I decide to bike or walk to the playground. It can carry a car + remote, batteries and some basic tools, in a comfortable and discreet way. This allows me to run a buggy and then stop for other activities on the way back or, even better, it allows me the freedom to just bike away from my neighborhood and go explore new playgrounds further away, therefore merging some good physical activity with the joys of RC.

20230212-143223.jpg

-when longer distances and driving my 1:1 are involved, I pack eveything up like this, and just shove it behind my driver's seat so it stays nice and snug.20230212-121647.jpg

Not the fanciest looks, I know, but it works great. Inside that bag are not only the basics (car, batts, remote) but also charger, spare parts, optional wheels, a small toolbox, various props for postal racing, and even calipers and an emergency soldering iron. I went through two road trips with this setup and even then was always self sufficient. I usually double bag the car, so at first glimpse it looks like some sort of hobo bag, hence not attracting the attention that I always strive to avoid, especially when the car is parked somewhere out of sight.

Both methods allow me to carry any of my cars exept for the monster truck. That bad boy's got a bag of his own (from the dollarstore that is, to keep things looking cheap :lol:).

I'm satisfied with my carrying method. That being said, I would abandon it any day for one of those aforementioned vintage Beatties bags. They are so, soo cool. For that much style, I would gladly forget about functionality...

• Like 1

I use one of these from B&Q.

https://www.diy.com/departments/stanley-toolbox-trolley/66293_BQ.prd

Ditch the removable tool tray thing, and you can fit 2 x 1/10 Off-Road cars in the top section, and the bottom is big enough for the radio, tool wallet, charger, spares etc. The spin around section is great for screws , bearings etc.

Big cheap tool bags from the hardware store are great because they're convenient like all the bag options and then they have a wire hoop to hold the shape. And they're much cheaper than the very nice fancy options already mentioned.

I have two like this in a cheap brand for about 15 bucks each. Big enough to hold one lunchbox or two buggies stacked on top of each other:

spacer.png