Sign in to follow this  
SuperChamp82

50th Anniversary 934 / 2026

Some eyes will (legitimately) roll, others excitedly narrow 😂

Either way - what do we think ?

A short chassis / TRF 420 take on the superb 30th Ann to finally do the anniversary justice ?

That leads to an ultimate Black Porsche the year after …

Or a slightly better box like the 45th ?

I’d honestly like to buy one more but will understandably falter if it’s a third TA02 🙄

• Like 1

Considering that the 45th was on a re-re TA02 chassis.. I’d guess the 50th would be on a reintroduced TA05 SWB chassis

19 minutes ago, SuperChamp82 said:

Logical but is that harder / expensive if TA05 moulds aren’t around ?

A SWB TA10 in 3 years’ time might work ?

What moulds? The aluminium bulkheads and carbon shock tower are a CNC program. The only thing the what require a mould would be the suspension arms, front bumper and body post, all of which are still in production, yet most likely it would come with 419/420 style arms. 

I'm confused!!!!? Easily done..

I bought the 40th anniversary when I was 40,, I didn't think I was 45 yet but there's already a 45th anniversary??

And one day, I'm going to be 50???

Edit 2 add. 40 years of Tamiya?, Vs 45 years of Tamiya RC, I think I'm ok now,  where did that time go?

All the anniversary Porsche's are very good looking kits and although Porsche's aren't really my thing I do appreciate them and the tamiya kits! But the one thing that really bugs me about those kits which I've tried to overcome but just can't:unsure: is why tamiya thought that it was acceptable to put a body on a chassis that just doesn't fit and then make it a premium kit? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I'm confused!!!!? Easily done..

I bought the 40th anniversary when I was 40,, I didn't think I was 45 yet but there's already a 45th anniversary??

And one day, I'm going to be 50???

Edit 2 add. 40 years of Tamiya?, Vs 45 years of Tamiya RC, I think I'm ok now,  where did that time go?

40th anniversary was in 2016 and 45th in 2021. So when you have been 40 in 2016 you should have been 45 in 2021. Or are you some kind of time traveler? Marty is it you? :-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pauli330 said:

40th anniversary was in 2016 and 45th in 2021. So when you have been 40 in 2016 you should have been 45 in 2021. Or are you some kind of time traveler? Marty is it you? :-) 

I'll have to do some maths if I remember how, and see if I've lost time or gained it.  Thanks for the further confusion, I thought I had sussed it out..

Has anyone mentioned aliens yet?

On 2/10/2023 at 5:39 PM, SuperChamp82 said:

Fairly confident the numbers and detail will be more complex in practice @Raman36 😇

And sadly suspect @Superluminal is right 

For 30 years everyone debated if we would ever see an SRB where the question of the mould would frequently come up. In the end, we got the SRB.

I’d disagree considering I own it 😉 and once upon a time I operated and even went to HAAS CNC training.. I promise you that the TA05 30th anniversary is a much easier proposition than an SRB. 

On 2/11/2023 at 6:16 PM, wolfdogstinkus said:

I'll have to do some maths if I remember how, and see if I've lost time or gained it.  Thanks for the further confusion, I thought I had sussed it out..

Has anyone mentioned aliens yet?

I hope you gained some time here on earth. But with all the sightings the last days in NA maybe there were aliens involved. :-D