Lhodgo

I’ve been scammed

Hey legends just letting you know I’ve been scammed within the group. Not winging about it, it’s my own silly fault as he convinced me to use PayPal family friend payment. I got sucked in as he was a member of this group and replied to my WTB ad in the forum.

his name is Jaxmy…avoid him.

he responds with photos of what your looking for, then you pay and he ghosts you.

always use PayPal goods and services, my bad. And now I don’t have my Sand Blaster 315 front tyres and out of pocket $$$. At least I didn’t pay for the TRF501x!5C78226F-553A-4CB9-A9FA-FBF0D0A6AF93.thumb.png.b7824836969f0886bfa58f391a091db2.png

356E940E-D2FF-420C-93B9-DBCF6FCD1D07.png

• Sad 10

Hi. Sorry for your experience. This user has ZERO content. All people here are more or less family and do lot of content or are long term members.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/profile/59828-jaxmy/

Well, it is knowen here at TC that scammers do their things. Its not new and I think there could be done something to avoid this. Its just a question of will, imo and I am something between sad and angry that no one feels responsible...

:(

• Like 5

Not much consolation now but theres this thread;

Your best bet is to only trade with reasonably well established members with real content and always pay for goods and services (not F&F) If your willing to stick on an extra couple of quid to cover fees no seller can argue against that then and if they do,  jog on. If he does turn out to be a wrongun feel free to add him to the list as a warning to others.

• Like 1

This scumbag @Jaxmy only joined on Wednesday 9.09am:angry: I know its no consolation to you @Lhodgo mate! but even the most wise and tuned into these a-holes get scammed one of my relatives has been a police CID for 20 years even he's been scammed! Unfortunately it's the times we live in now!

• Like 1

Sorry to here this. Not something I see done on here, but I have collected Hot Wheels in the past and those forums ask other members to provide references. Most on here are known by a least a few others. 

Always unfortunate to see, I thankfully haven't encountered this situation myself but it's always a good reminder to try and stay 1 step ahead.

On the other hand, maybe the moderators can restrict access to the Buy/Sell forum until an account reaches a certain number of quality posts (not just "Cool truck" or asking needlessly simple questions) or reaches a certain age (1 week maybe?) I've seen this implemented on a few other forums and I can't recall people being scammed in this manner on them . 

7 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Guys, DO NOT make deals with people that don't participate. A simple google search comes up with this:

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/478714/potental-scammer.html

7 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Guys, DO NOT make deals with people that don't participate. A simple google search comes up with this:

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/478714/potental-scammer.html

The difference is that in that link the moderators banned him. I emailed the moderators on this page and received no response. Hence I felt the need to alert everyone. I know I made the mistake, was caught up in the excitement of finding the tires I’ve wanted for so long. Still searching by the way anyone! 🤪🤪🤪

Horrible that people would do this.  Think I was baited on a WTB add I recently posted.  New member with no history.  Was pretty obvious that he knew nothing about a very specific part and sent generic pictures.  he was really forceful  and pressuring with emails, and when I told him the difference in the measurements and that I was sure it wasn't correct he would just push that it is the right one. I asked to send a picture with it against a measuring tape he just ignored it and kept sending same generic picture.  He would not send a picture showing it measured.  It was for a MKI Brat bumper.  Kept telling me his was the same, but most of us know what it looks like and no need to measure.  

Just received a private message from user james21, who has zero posts and joined last Tuesday. The message contained:

M06 Stabilizer

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact
Gary : linafeltergary@gmail.com regarding your
request. and the last time i talked
to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from
him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

I had posted a few days back on how the M06 stabilizer is impossible to find and it seems this guy saw this as an opportunity to attempt a scam. 

Beware!

29 minutes ago, OoALEJOoO said:

Just received a private message from user james21, who has zero posts and joined last Tuesday. The message contained:

M06 Stabilizer

I had posted a few days back on how the M06 stabilizer is impossible to find and it seems this guy saw this as an opportunity to attempt a scam. 

Beware!

Definitely a scam.   I'm also looking for that same hard to find stabilizer and got a private message from james21.   The wording is almost identical (i.e. copy and pasted) but mine was a phone number and a name, not an email.  I also saw james21 had no posts and recently joined.  

I think the moderators need to review this member and act appropriately. 

45 minutes ago, OoALEJOoO said:

M06 Stabilizer

Beware!

I’ve had 2 messages from @james21 today and it reeks of a scam. 

Anyone remember that scammer that started a thread asking people to welcome them to the forum? That was quite funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Anyone remember that scammer that started a thread asking people to welcome them to the forum? That was quite funny.

Yes it gave me a giggle 

49 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

Yes it gave me a giggle 

I missed this - sounds hilarious 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Is that because forums generally require a minimum number of posts before they allow you to send private messages? Other than that, it seems like a sound idea in order to improve your chances of successfully scamming someone - as in, appearing to want to join the group and interact with others might make people think they really are a genuine enthusiast.

just had message from james21 ....tell about a friend who had king tiger parts!!!!! and email address to contact on

message goes........

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Gary Linafeltergary@gmail.com regarding your
request. He is located in Uk  and the last time i talked

18 minutes ago, rich_f said:

Is that because forums generally require a minimum number of posts before they allow you to send private messages? Other than that, it seems like a sound idea in order to improve your chances of successfully scamming someone - as in, appearing to want to join the group and interact with others might make people think they really are a genuine enthusiast.

Not this forum. That time, that person was named as a scammer, so they post a thread asking for us to welcome them. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I missed this - sounds hilarious 😂

I tried searching for that thread, seems to be gone.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

I tried searching for that thread, seems to be gone.

No problem, thank you looking 👍

2 hours ago, tam-trucks said:

just had message from james21 ....tell about a friend who had king tiger parts!!!!! and email address to contact on

message goes........

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Gary Linafeltergary@gmail.com regarding your
request. He is located in Uk  and the last time i talked

Years ago, I think I got an identical message from a similar scammer on a different forum.

now im not bothered about posting wanted on here no more......if its not on ebay im not bothered/intersted....been on here since 2006 and to many scammers are come on here and f**king it up for the rest of us....only time im interested,,,,is if parts come to me FIRST and then il pay.......this forum is for info only from now on......sorry members times have changed.....so so sad :(

• Like 1