gkatz

flat intl fee is not cool (tamico)

I would love to purchase from Tamico but the flat intl fee that does not care if I buy a 9 euro servo or a 400 euro car does not make sense.

why cant tamico adjust the shipping policy? a 9 euro servo should not cost 32 euro to ship...

I'm going to guess that's based on the amount of time/hassles that they have to endure to do the proper paperwork for international shipping.  The paperwork probably doesn't change based on the declared value, so the fee is the same regardless of the order value.  

• Like 1

80% of the merch do not require any special custom declarations.

if AE can do it for free, I am sure tamico can do it for a resonable price

I am sure they are profitable (at least I hope) but TBH, they lose a $hit ton of monay due to this... poeple like me would rather buy from them if it was resonable

thanks

• Like 1

I understand that expensive shipping is disappointing.

On the other hand I'm just really happy that they still ship outside their country (Seidell amongst others doesn't anymore). Because they stock a lot of parts and their prices are fair. I try to build up a full shopping cart over several weeks at Tamico to compensate higher shipping costs. And if I need cheap / small parts fast I buy local.

• Like 1

The main problem I have with them is the minimum order value of 130E or whatever it is, as that totally limits the purchasing of smaller parts orders👎

12 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

The main problem I have with them is the minimum order value of 130E or whatever it is, as that totally limits the purchasing of smaller parts orders👎

exactly...

I do not hae any issues buying cars from them as the shipping will still be around the 35eu mark.

but as for the small things, hopups etc that I want to buy from time to time I am inclined to go elsewhere - accumulative its a lot of $$$ loss for them

As said before I understand that the expensive shipping, and the minimum order value, is disappointing. I really do :mellow:.

But I think they have done their maths. The profit they make on small orders probably doesn't compensate for the extra hassle they come across when shipping outside their country. In particular when shipping outside the EU. When I shipped to the UK after Brexit I needed to fill out a CN 23 customs declaration. And then I needed to find a transparent envelope. It's a bit of a hassle.

O, and if you need a cheap / small part from Tamico I am sure that there are forum members that can help you out. Just ask ;).

Interesting timing on this topic. The flip side of this argument can be seen expressed by @Fabia130vRS in

for example

"I won another day a private listing of an LRP Sphere TC esc for 22GBP, me ready to pay for full shipping and custom duties... but no... no international one."

Both seem valid view points. I guess you need to swap the shops you go to with @Fabia130vRS and your both happy? :)

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2023 at 9:33 AM, Kol__ said:

It's 165 euros now.

Yeah want some TB Evo 6 MS decals. Tamico is the only place I can find them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

It's 165 euros now

W. T. F.🙄

Isn't that £135?. Which is the cut off point for VAT, I think it was last time I looked at Tamico prices, used to use them loads before all this 

Edit to add: 165euros =£146.65 today