Busdriver

Japanese translation into English

88A648FC-6E83-4626-A29F-593803ABB06B.jpg Can anyone translate the middle one. No paint code so assuming either clear or “body colour”

Interesting as as far as I’m aware there is no Tamiya ivory white. This is a 1976 model so maybe it was before they gave ingredients to produce non standard colours. I think there is another one in the instructions that I may need help with!!!

Full instructions reads "a slightly yellowish white", no paint code usually means you have to mix the paint yourself, white with a bit of yellow. 

It then tells you to put it on your t-shirt???

12 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Full instructions reads "a slightly yellowish white", no paint code usually means you have to mix the paint yourself, white with a bit of yellow. 

im going to be honest. I always end up with paint on my shirt when i am done painting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dmiles said:

im going to be honest. I always end up with paint on my shirt when i am done painting. 

It's ok, I just spray painted my finger nails blue and white recently.

8 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I think it means theT shirt of the driver? The 1/12 scale Datsun 240Z Z Safari comes with 2 figures wearing T-shirts. The other strange thing is that on this page the other paints have the name and colour code but in the instructions they use the name in Japanese and not the code. Cannot find a set of English instructions for the Rally car but printed off a set for the road car which has mostly the same parts. There are plenty of pictures of the car on www so should be easy to reference!

18 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Cannot find a set of English instructions for the Rally car but printed off a set for the road car which has mostly the same parts. There are plenty of pictures of the car on www so should be easy to reference!

Before Tamiya fell out with 1999, it was a great source of instructions. They had scanned instructions for almost all kits and I use them for paint cross referencing.

20 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

theT shirt of the driver

I did not translate it to English, as that often have strange results. I translated it to Chinese which usually is structurally the same and it did say 'your t-shirt', so go on, paint yourself. 🤣 Realistically, since it is just the figure's clothing, you can paint it in whatever color you like.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Interesting as as far as I’m aware there is no Tamiya ivory white. This is a 1976 model so maybe it was before they gave ingredients to produce non standard colours. I think there is another one in the instructions that I may need help with!!!

Tamiya originally had their paints manufactured by Pactra and the earliest year I know Tamiya had their own paints (though surely not manufactured by Tamiya) is actually 1976, but 12006 240Z Safari was first released in 1972. So "ivory white" may have been a reference to Pactra. I have conversion tables for many brands of hobby paints, but unfortunately not for Pactra, so I can't tell whether Pactra had ivory in their range. Tamiya re-released the kit in 2000 and I have the instruction manual for the re-release and it still just indicates "ivory" (and no number) for the T-shirts.

As for the T-shirts, historical photos show them to be pretty bright white, so though that may not look entirely realistic in 1/12 scale, using XF-2 or similar shouldn't be too far off if you don't want to mix.

ErikssonCrash2s.jpeg 48305f9c22babb21ea617bdd264cb2f4.jpg

8 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Before Tamiya fell out with 1999, it was a great source of instructions. They had scanned instructions for almost all kits and I use them for paint cross referencing.

As English isn't my native language, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "fell out with", but I contacted 1999 shortly after Tamiya products disappeared from their site and they answered that Tamiya asked/instructed them to not sell Tamiya products abroad. Of course 1999 may not have told me the truth, but either way, Tamiya products are still available on the Japanese version of the 1999 website.

37 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

As English isn't my native language, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "fell out with", but I contacted 1999 shortly after Tamiya products disappeared from their site and they answered that Tamiya asked/instructed them to not sell Tamiya products abroad. Of course 1999 may not have told me the truth, but either way, Tamiya products are still available on the Japanese version of the 1999 website.

Not sure as well, this "falling out" had been mentioned in other forums as it happened before with HLJ (IIRC?). This was way back before I was doing RC and I like 1999 as they do cheaper SAL and surface options for shipping. I still use them over PJ for things like Hasegawa or Fujimi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Tamiya originally had their paints manufactured by Pactra and the earliest year I know Tamiya had their own paints (though surely not manufactured by Tamiya) is actually 1976, but 12006 240Z Safari was first released in 1972. So "ivory white" may have been a reference to Pactra. I have conversion tables for many brands of hobby paints, but unfortunately not for Pactra, so I can't tell whether Pactra had ivory in their range. Tamiya re-released the kit in 2000 and I have the instruction manual for the re-release and it still just indicates "ivory" (and no number) for the T-shirts.

As for the T-shirts, historical photos show them to be pretty bright white, so though that may not look entirely realistic in 1/12 scale, using XF-2 or similar shouldn't be too far off if you don't want to mix.

ErikssonCrash2s.jpeg 48305f9c22babb21ea617bdd264cb2f4.jpg

The one I have is. A 76 reissue and mentions Pactra paints. Is the instruction booklet in English or Japanese as mine is 99% Japanese . I know it’s a big ask but is there anyway you could photograph the manual and email it to me??? If you can I’ll pm you with an email address. I have the English instructions for the road car but there’s quite a lot of detail that’s different. 
I hope mine looks better than the one in the top photo!!! Half the time they didn’t seem to even wear helmets.

@Mokei Kagaku I don’t actually need the whole instructions it’s only the part that deals with the engine ( section 9-14)  drivers (29-36) tools jack etc (44-49) I think that is six pages in total🤞🏻🤞🏻