Mad Ax

Oldschool Euro Masters - vintage RC racing - live feed

No, I'm not racing there, but this got posted on FB earlier - live feed for the practice round day at the Oldschool Euro Masters in Leeds.  This event is on all weekend, if you're bored and fancy watching some racing action, drop in on the channel tomorrow or Sunday to pick up the live feed.  Commentary is fairly light today but hopefully they'll have a commentator over the weekend, and if you want a bit of name-dropping, keep an eye on the driver list as there are at least two former world champs competing.

• Like 1

Not very 'old school' if it's indoors on carpet. Was hoping to see some nicely prepared bumpy outdoor dirt track😟

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Not very 'old school' if it's indoors on carpet. Was hoping to see some nicely prepared bumpy outdoor dirt track😟

This. They just end up modifying old stuff to ridiculous levels to make it work. Thry need to have a word, get some shipping rope dropped on some grass and do it properly. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

This. They just end up modifying old stuff to ridiculous levels to make it work. Thry need to have a word, get some shipping rope dropped on some grass and do it properly. 

Agreed. And to top it off, they should do away with the transponder system and use a clipboard... Good days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A grass track in the north of England in February?  That would be mud, probably frozen.

I was racing outdoors at Mendip in the south west yesterday, I had multiple layers on and most of us spent all day shivering, I was quite envious of Team UK racing in the warm :) 

Also related, on Saturday I was walking along a clifftop in Devon, and the grass there was so short and smooth, with loads of ripples and undulations.  It would have made for a fantastic grass track, better than the rocky, lumpy, deeply creviced grass that most of the UK is covered with.

FWIW, one of the Iconic Revival meets will take place on grass this year.  They will possibly also count laps on a clipboard, if the timing system fails - we had to do that at my local club a few times when the old Windows 95 laptop refused to play.

• Like 2