Collin

Tamiya 74065 Craft Tools - Non-Scratch Long Nose Pliers

Hi. This pliers are so good but I need about one set of those inlays per month. Als they are still too hard but brittle somehow...

My solution, a 3D printed inlay with TPU (rubber-like) tip and PA12 nylon mount. I love it so much! :wub:

pliers_tips.jpg

• Like 8

Oh yes. 3d printing was made for this sort of thing. Would you be up for sharing your stl file? 

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I bought a second set of pliers because I couldn't get the tips, but I also have a 3D printer now so...

Luke

To be fair, my tips are lasting OK so far, it's more that things like this are a great little addition to a 3d printing order, because minimum order values.

3D printed replacements look good, but for those without that option, the original "jaws" are available as spare parts with the item number 89950.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Oh yes. 3d printing was made for this sort of thing. Would you be up for sharing your stl file? 

Sorry but I dont share my stl files. It is hard but I decided this once when I saw my creation on another platform for sale.

• Like 1

I had this problem recently too. The spare tips out of stock everywhere.. but then I saw an STL on Thingverse so all was good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Collin said:

Sorry but I dont share my stl files. It is hard but I decided this once when I saw my creation on another platform for sale.

That's cool. I get it. Worth an ask anyway! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need some of these. Would you not consider listing on something like Shapeways? Every time I shop for these they're out of stock, no matter where I look!

23 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I need some of these. Would you not consider listing on something like Shapeways? Every time I shop for these they're out of stock, no matter where I look!

I was making up an order with a 3d printer so I grabbed a design off thingiverse. I don't know how good it'll be but stands to reason it should be an easy thing to model. Surprisingly expensive actually in TPU. More than the other small parts I was ordering. If you have a look on there I think you'll find that option. 

29 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I was making up an order with a 3d printer so I grabbed a design off thingiverse. I don't know how good it'll be but stands to reason it should be an easy enough thing to model. Surprisingly expensive actually in TPU. More than the other small parts I was ordering. If you have a look on there I think you'll find that option. 

I’m sure I’ve seen some already printed on that auction site we all know and love too.

The Thingiverse ones work fine.

There are sites you can use to ask other people who live near you to print things as well, which is much cheaper than using Shapeways.

My local hobby shop has a 3D printer, how would I go about getting them to do it? Presumably I would need an .stl file?

I can't see any on eBay nor could I figure out how to locate them on Thingverse.