alvinlwh

My first crawler, Carisma SCA-1E Range Rover

2 hours ago, ad456 said:

@Mad Ax and @ChrisRx718 have summed this up very well.

Try take it up to Happy Valley,  the Ring of Brodgar or Binscarth and see what you think then dude, the places you’ve been aren’t really going to let the truck shine, they are more Monster Truck territory I feel. They are too open with obstacles spaced around, fine for testing setups though.

If the truck rolls or gets dings and scratches, consider it detail opposed to damage echoing above comments, in time it will look more real once it’s been used a bit. 

As for accessories, pick and choose wisely and you may manage to get a robust set that looks good and lasts some extremely harsh moments. 

All of this may not be worded brilliantly as I’m getting my little dude ready for nursery:rolleyes:

When the weather gets better. It is getting cold again. I will be taking it to the new Papdale East Park this evening though, to test its swimming ability. Maybe Tankerness Gardens tomorrow, that will be a huge pile of rocks there to climb.

5 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

If you painted the shackles (are they plastic?) then the paint will probably come off.  Most of my rigs have aftermarket shackles that are painted with a tough red enamel, which lasts much better, and because they're metal, when the paint comes off they are metal underneath, just like you'd expect from a real-world shackle.

Here is what the shackles look like, quite realistic at the moment I must say,😁

VSL0jSv.jpg

Out for its first drive.

F3c2itO.jpeg

Ee4JKrk.jpeg

T5menlb.jpeg

G0vpfzX.jpeg

GKEm7Ff.jpeg

Did got stuck on the rocks.

O1YptFN.jpeg

A more successful attempt.

QWTa6D7.jpeg

Picked up some grass.

L7PhqWA.jpeg

A bit too deep? Nah, it got a snorkel so it will be ok.

OifzV6T.jpeg

At one point, it was so deep that it was a boat rather than a car, with its wheel propelling it along like a Type 166 Schwimmwagen.

Quite a bit of clean up needed after that swim.

tobBSrR.jpeg

Videos coming.

• Like 5

After that underwater run, I stripped some of the screw holes on the lockers (?) of the wheels. I got some brass ones on order so hopefully they will do better. Also, the screws rusted at the first sight of water so I think I will carry out a screw replacement exercise soon.

Swap the body for a Hilux, add some scale 55 gallon barrels and an outboard and your ready for these kind of shenanigans! 
1/10 Toybota:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, ad456 said:

Swap the body for a Hilux

This one?

ydnDGka.jpeg

• Haha 1