New to RC builds, and just built a Tamiya TT-02B "Plasma Edge II" with my son, and am using a Carson Reflex Wheel 7 Chanel controller.  My problem is, and I hope it is simple for those who know, that the steering appears to be reversed.  Can anyone tell me how to reverse, or correct the direction for the steering?  Sorry if this is a dumb question or has an obvious solution.  Thanks in advance!!

• Like 2

Theyll be an option on the radio, maybe a flip switch that will say “rev” or “nor”. Change this switch for Channel 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ie7W9TH.jpg

Step b, reverse channel 1. Problem is the instructions is quite hard to read as it mixes German and English.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Kpowell911, Badcrumble, and alvinlwh for your quick and informative replys!!  And yes, managed to set the steering controls to operate logical.  Noting like going left when you think you should be going right, and now right is right and well...you get the idea.  Now we just need to do a few modifications (bracket for steering servo rubs driveshaft) shorten and tidy up some of the wiring and Everett will be off and hopefully not smashing this thing into a wall.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DadofBear said:

Thanks to Kpowell911, Badcrumble, and alvinlwh for your quick and informative replys!!  And yes, managed to set the steering controls to operate logical.  Noting like going left when you think you should be going right, and now right is right and well...you get the idea.  Now we just need to do a few modifications (bracket for steering servo rubs driveshaft) shorten and tidy up some of the wiring and Everett will be off and hopefully not smashing this thing into a wall.  

Glad the forum could help. When I started a few years ago there was loads of stuff I felt was assumed knowledge that's actually quite tricky to work out but really simple when you know.

@DadofBear Welcome mate! Glad you got your issue resolved. And don't worry about basic beginner questions at all, I remember when I got into the hobby 18months ago, I was asking my local hobby shop so many of what now seem like the most absolute basic questions and wondering at what all the chassis designations were all about... TT-02B, DF-01, DB-01. As with all hobbies we're enthusiastically invested in, the knowledge is accumulated in vast amounts and in an uber short amount of time!

Great user name by the way, I tend to call mine monkeys, of which I have two🐒😂

Welcome to the fun @DadofBear. No such thing as a daft question. In fact your exact question was the first thing I asked on this forum once I completed my build too. :)

Feel free to ask any questions and share experiences. Photos or videos are always good too :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Glad the forum could help. When I started a few years ago there was loads of stuff I felt was assumed knowledge that's actually quite tricky to work out but really simple when you know.

Yeah, sometimes even seemingly obvious things can be hard to figure out.

I had a similar issue with a Carson transmitter (I couldn’t figure out where the dual rate dial was). Instructions were rubbish, but once I got the answer it seemed so obvious! On cheap Carson stuff, lots of the plastic parts are just decoration and not actually functional. I had mistaken the dual rate dial for just such a decorative touch and ignored it!

Anyway, this forum is just the best, and completely tolerant of all kinds of questions.

So glad you got an answer @DadofBear! Welcome to Tamiyaclub!