Twinfan

Cheapest Optima Mid re-re in the UK? Where to buy?

OK, so the Optima Mid re-re has been out for a while now and there plenty of kits knocking about.  What's the cheapest way to get one in the UK?  I've found a UK seller at £360, but is there any way to get one cheaper than that?  Importing from Tamico would be around £315 if I get luck with import duty not being applied, otherwise it'll be more than I can get one here so not worth the risk...

Getting one for £360 in the UK is about as good as your going to get - I've been looking at Tamico, RCMart and the other AsiaPac sellers and not found anything that would work out much cheaper.

RCMart and PlazaJapan look like a good place to get the hopups, but PJ don't do the kits. 

So RCMart might work out ok if you want the LWB conversion and a load of aluminium bits / driveshafts etc.

Cheers, I was thinking the same but wanted to check I wasn't missing any options! I'll maybe hang on a bit to see if any deals materialise but Kyosho's don't seem to get hugely discounted like Tamiyas do...

To close this off, I've just picked up a first batch Mid for £370 that I'll be painting up in yellow as a Turbo with a Penguin body and undertray plus some black JC wheels. I'll keep the original body, decal wheels and tyres as spares.

Another one for the queue! :lol:

Yep, just seen that!  I picked up a first run with turbo "stuff" a little while back so I'm sorted thanks.

That's a great deal though at around £315 fully inclusive of taxes etc.

I'm about to get sick. On the very day I receive the Carten m210r. :blink:.

It's a good offer- even with the free falling Norwegians krone. But I gotta wait for a good Black month offer I think.