Kowalski86

Your Unpopular RC opinions

22 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I was not «speaking» directly to you @Willy iine - and i seems you did not get my post as you are describing the exact oposite. I have no clue how you got to that conclusion or why you felt this was a reply to you, it was not. I quoted you to speak with you not against you or what you do.

fyi- need to hit bed now

Huh, confusing.. you quoted me.  Why would I not think you were speaking directly to me?   I was just explaining it is okay to have different opinions, but there is no need to share negative energy with anyone.  If someone painted a car some odd color or bought an unpopular car, there is no need to tell them that is awful.  They thought it was right for them, just let them be.  

From the 2 years I've been a member of this forum, the biggest difference from other forums is that we don't talk about unpopular opinions or post any unnecessary negative critiques.  We accept someone's project how they post them.  People learn from others on their own and improve on their skills as needed... or get inspired.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

From the 2 years I've been a member of this forum, the biggest difference from other forums is that we don't talk about unpopular opinions or post any unnecessary negative critiques.  We accept someone's project how they post them.  People learn from others on their own and improve on their skills as needed... or get inspired.

For me this is one of the few communities Ive been to without needless drama, politics, or over zealous brand bashing. A big part of thats probably the fact that TC is its own forum rather than a branch of social media.

That being said I'm all out of unpopular opinions! Unless if my lack of interest in Arrma products means anything.

• Like 2

I enjoy a good fast dialed-in car as much as anyone, but I think driving old or slow or ill-handling cars is even more fun!

(probably a more acceptable statement here than some other RC forums due to our nostalgia factor, also this is a UK-based forum, so many of you are familiar with the "eccentricities" of vintage British sports cars, which probably spills over to your RC somewhat)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Huh, confusing.. you quoted me.  Why would I not think you were speaking directly to me?   I was just explaining it is okay to have different opinions, but there is no need to share negative energy with anyone.  If someone painted a car some odd color or bought an unpopular car, there is no need to tell them that is awful.  They thought it was right for them, just let them be.  

Point is i was speaking with you not against you when quoting. But Ques i hit a soft spot somewhere because you stil think we are not on the same page.

Info  i also Added yesterday but you must hav quoted me and used a long time with your reply.

I Ques i win this unpopular thread even if i tried the oposite —Woot!-. Read my post again, im not using more time on this. In short, We totaly Agree Willy!. I Hail the Diffrences in skills, taste and work on the forum and my maint point is that we all should embrace that more, thats axactly what makes this Forum great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Gecko said:

I enjoy a good fast dialed-in car as much as anyone, but I think driving old or slow or ill-handling cars is even more fun!

(probably a more acceptable statement here than some other RC forums due to our nostalgia factor, also this is a UK-based forum, so many of you are familiar with the "eccentricities" of vintage British sports cars, which probably spills over to your RC somewhat)

Maybe the most unpopular opinion on other forums - it's fun to drive on low grip 😄 I really never understood obsession with grip in racing to the point that even buggies traction roll..

• Like 5

8 hours ago, simalarion said:

now im watching CC-02 and CC—02 kits, actually Tamico has a great offer as we «speak» :)

Edit: It was @Mad Ax by the way :)

ooh, you tagged me in a thread that has the CC02 Land Rover kit on special! :o   :lol:

• Haha 1

Okay, here goes.  I hate the Tamiya Falcon, I hated it on sight when I was 10 and still think it horrible now im pushing 50,

I think the body shape is ugly, worse than the striker or even the saint dragon in proportion. The odd sized yellow wheels don't help the side profile either.

Freddie Wilson must need his eyes testing, its the last turkey in the shop for me.:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

Okay, here goes.  I hate the Tamiya Falcon, I hated it on sight when I was 10 and still think it horrible now im pushing 50,

I think the body shape is ugly, worse than the striker or even the saint dragon in proportion. The odd sized yellow wheels don't help the side profile either.

Freddie Wilson must need his eyes testing, its the last turkey in the shop for me.:ph34r:

I owned one. 

Is it OK that I'm kind of with you on all counts (plus it falls apart if you give it a stern look) and yet I still might buy one if they re-release it? 😜

And were the front wheels slightly bigger than the back? Or am I imagining that?

Actually maybe that's the thing with the Falcon - it's so bad it's good?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

Hard agree

On 3/9/2023 at 11:16 PM, moffman said:

My unpopular rc opinion is I've always said that this is a light hearted hobby and likewise forum and people do tend to take it to seriously nothing is that important and certain contributors need to lighten up! 

@simalarion @Willy iine can I just take you back to my five pennies worth (old English saying) I've been a member of this forum for many years now and I've been on loads of other hobby forums and dropped them because of people's extreme and sometimes abusive views on topics which should just be light hearted but this forum has always worked for me because of the people who use it I always find them very respectful and basically fun like you two guy's excellent input and brilliant pictures:wub: but every now and then people get mis/miss (never know which one to use:rolleyes:) quoted probably because of different types of humour which means different things around the globe and this is a global forum which can only be a positive and rich thing? I've learned loads of interesting information from different members all over the world but also quickly found that my type of humour can unintentionally upset other members who for some reason which I can't understand take this forum far to seriously (which did include personal emails with further for want of a better word abuse:unsure:) which for that moment in time very nearly made me drop this forum aswell but because of members like yourselves I've continued and enjoyed the inputs! Accidents do happen and I'm sure you guys have got crossed wires and because you're sensible guys you probably know that?

• Like 6

@moffman - Yes i am Quite sure its a huge missunderstanding from Willy regardig my posts here as i try to celebrate the Diversity on this forum, I love the Work that Willy iine does (how can you not) but i also learned to love the work and effort Mad Ax does, even if its a completely diff thing, this should be clear in my previous posts in this thread, its this diveristy that makes this forum great.

But yes, my humour can be misunderstood (often use irony etc which often is extreem sport on forum), Best Commedy ever: Life Of Brian! :), and im also from Norway so my English is not the best either.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@moffman - Yes i am Quite sure its a huge missunderstanding from Willy regardig my posts here as i try to celebrate the Diversity on this forum, I love the Work that Willy iine does (how can you not) but i also learned to love the work and effort Mad Ax does, even if its a completely diff thing, this should be clear in my previous posts in this thread, its this diveristy that makes this forum great.

But yes, my humour can be misunderstood (often use irony etc which often is extreem sport on forum), Best Commedy ever: Life Of Brian! :), and im also from Norway so my English is not the best either.

Life of brian.......brilliant film as is a lot of Monty python's but unfortunately the world we live in today PC rules:rolleyes: and that was exactly my problem was irony! It doesn't always show through on a forum but we have to keep it fun and light hearted and that way people will look in and won't get put off joining:D 

@Willy iine masterpieces are indeed a breath of fresh air and we need to see more of all this type of model making from as many members as possible!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ministrone said:

I didn't mind the tacky looks on my Falcon, I did mind the notorious dog bone issue that made it undrivable! Their front and back ends are supposed to be weak but I never drove it enough to know.

18 hours ago, MadInventor said:

'But you've just assembled that from a load of pre-made parts. You've not actually made anything, you've just assembled it, come back when you've actually manufactured at least half of it yourself'. You never know when that 6 year with an RTR might be inspired to go on to start his own RC manufacturing company later in life. Wouldn't it be ironic if Elon Musk's first electric car had been a Nikko RTR........ 

Pah, you don't even smelt down the ore yourself, let me know when you've actually made something, just shapin' it ain't enough.

Tourist.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I should add too that's there's very little judgement or trying to one-up on this forum, I really like how people can present quite beginner efforts (myself included) which will still get positive comments. Normally people will only offer advice when asked for or in a friendly way. 

• Like 4

I guess this could be seen as unpopular

While I did learn a lot from my one kit build (M05), I didn't get much of the pride or satisfaction from it that most people mention. When I was done I was more relieved than anything else! Then I realise I had forgotten the mirrors...

I get more joy out of restoring/driving around old buggies, partly because its fun driving an ill-handling old design, and partly because they can go places that most on-road RCs can't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Pah, you don't even smelt down the ore yourself, let me know when you've actually made something, just shapin' it ain't enough.

Tourist.

Put on your helmet, bring your canary and get your backside down that mine to get the ore! 😁

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Put on your helmet, bring your canary and get your backside down that mine to get the ore! 😁

Where did that ore come from?  You mean to say you're not the colossal heat and pressure of an exploding neutron star that can force heavier-than-iron elements to fuse?

Pathetic, you might as well have a Traxxas tattoo.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Where did that ore come from?  You mean to say you're not the colossal heat and pressure of an exploding neutron star that can force heavier than iron to fuse?

Pathetic, you might as well have a Traxxas tattoo.

That escalated quickly :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Tourist.

Good point, well made, but, I did once melt down some chinese tubs in a baked bean tin to make some round bar I could use in the lathe, but it turned out to be quite crumbly and had a lot of voids in it, so I had to abandon it.:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadInventor said:

Good point, well made, but, I did once melt down some chinese tubs in a baked bean tin to make some round bar I could use in the lathe, but it turned out to be quite crumbly and had a lot of voids in it, so I had to abandon it.:D

Amazing. When I wrote that I thought there was a good chance you had melted, smelted or refined something!

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 3:25 AM, Kpowell911 said:

I thought of another one…. This is gonna really ruffle feathers. I dont like when people put a driver in their car. This is mainly aimed at the people putting ‘action man’ in a TRX4 etc, but it resonates here, as a fair few Tamiya’s come with a figure/head. It just looks extremely toy like to me. Just makes a £500 RC look like a cheap Argos toy. ‘They’re’ not driving  anything, I am.

And as for the ‘scale’ argument, leave your Ken Doll at home and black the windows if it you..

I anticipate disgust in my replies. 

Acceptable driver as follows :

* Willy

* A Cowboy  (with or without hat)

* Any driver wearing a helmet

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Acceptable driver as follows :

* Willy

* A Cowboy  (with or without hat)

* Any driver wearing a helmet

What about drugged up bears?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I tried to find a 1/12 resin figure on Aliexpress that could become 'Vanessa', I didn't find any that looked the part.  

I'm surprised no one produces a figure for the Lunchbox.