wtcc5

wtcc5's TT-02BR

Thanks for all the comments and likes! :wub:

@GermanTA03Guy: Now that you mention it, I remember to have seen the Williams buggy design several weeks ago, but not exactly have a picture in mind. For this car I don’t have the overall costs counted. No need to discuss, it is crazy. I had some stuff laying around, like the steering or the carbon battery brace, but it makes no sense to upgrade a TT02 in this form. But it is fun and my brain doesn’t stop to think „What next?!“ until it looks like it does now. And I am still unhappy to have no slipper in this chassis…:lol:

@OldSchoolRC1: Yes, they are sloppy. Until now, I didn’t do anything about this. I think @matisse solved this problem with a simple „life hack“.

@matisse: It is! I installed Tamiya 54141 & 54142 Carbon High Traction Arms.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing up a lot of the BR upgrades. With the various dampers mounts etc have you been able to get the right height much higher?

is it possible with any of the blue alloy lower arms? Anyone?

The universal joints help don't they? But there's still a limit on the range of motion of the lower arms on the stock kit. Also the stock shocks aren't strong enough to stop a good bit of droop

On 3/20/2023 at 11:36 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

You work fast!

Looks smart. Tamiya never made an 'R' spec DF-02, which is the spiritual predecessor of the TT02B if you will. I'm attempting to build one - it's proving expensive and I'm not even sure that the chassis' shortcomings will be overcome with the changes I've made anyway, but that's not what it's all about with Tamiya, after all.

I couldn't justify the genuine Tamiya rear uprights. The RRP in the UK is £64.99 for the pair :lol:

What do the rear uprights do? Apart from look good? Do they add toe in? Extra ride height? The same for the suspension mount? Also will the areration buggy damper set fit? Part 54028 or are the basically the same as comes with the kit?

@DavidJH: The BigBore dampers and the TRF arms in combination with the original shocktower are not perfect. In the rear, the shocktower should be 10mm lower and in front higher to achieve a nice balance regarding ride height and droop. I will draw new towers tonight for production.

The rear uprights add toe in or take it away depending on orientation. The universals remove slop and vibration from the drivetrain, but don’t give more angle.

I don’t know what ride height you are having in mind. My target is around 17-23mm for the track.

• Like 1

I am still unsatisfied with the combination of the big bore dampers and the original BR shocktower. In the rear the shocktower is too high and in front too low...

In front with the TRF suspension the damper mounting also needs up to 8mm shimming. With my new tower design these flaws will perish. I mad a print to approve the design:

img_86185bdw2.jpeg

img_8609uses5.jpeg

In the rear the wing will also sit lower:

img_86123ve4e.jpeg

img_8614fpf1m.jpeg

img_8615ysi12.jpeg

I optimized the design and ordered a set from my carbon parts manufacturer already ^_^

• Like 4

The real trick here would be to buy one of those carbon chassis conversions.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/234794487968

and then 3d print the bracket to allow you to fit a xv02 slipper clutch, I note the secondary bearing holder on that chassis is separate. So should be able to make a different bracket to handle the slipper. 

• Thanks 1

@Juls1: I would prefer having it fit plug&play in the original tub. Possible, but a bit expensive... I made two design versions, but need to let this grow a bit more in my head.

My custom design carbon shocktower arrived:

img_8891szdq1.png

I installed immediately. Front view:

img_8895v5ffn.jpeg

img_8897qbdr5.jpeg

Rear installation:

img_8896psezh.jpeg

img_8898oafry.jpeg

Everything fits and sits perfectly. The length and position is optimal for the BigBore shocks and TRF arms.

On these pictures, I installed the rear wing in the lower position:

img_8910npcbi.jpeg

img_8912r4czc.jpeg

img_8915u3emg.jpeg

img_8916clc8h.jpeg

• Like 12

Excellnt work! I’d looked at the TRF arms for mine too, but ultimately decided against.

• Like 1

I keep meaning to comment in here that this is a really nice looking buggy, @wtcc5.

Did you use Tamiya PS paints? And if so, which red and white? The red seems to have a bit of orange in it - I’m keen to get this right when I paint my Tomahawk in Marlboro colours.

Thanks!

@GermanTA03Guy from one German speaker to another, I love “arg teuer”! 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dankeschön. Hier auch ein bild dazu.

I laugh about "shnell" (means fast) with a kind of stylized mariokart mushroom and "malbüro" as well. 

Im happy someone else can laugh about it too ;)

(Malbüro translates to something like "painting office", a little joke in the direction of "Design studio", which is where i used to work. And it looks exactly like marlboro at first glance, which was major important to me.) 

by the way, I used ps-20 fluorescent Red. And i guess wtcc5 did so too. As far as i know it is also the "original color" for the f103 senna f1. Anyway, i love it, It really pops. There is a fluo orange too, ps24, but id use the more Red ps20 All over again. I backed with ps1 white and ps12 silver. Probably more than needed. But i didnt want the ps 31 smoke to bleed through.

Screenshot_20230817_155521_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_153119_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

@_Ben_: Thank you! I used just the standard rattle can PS-colors. PS-1 for the white and PS-20 for the flourescent red. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

I laugh about "shnell" (means fast) with a kind of stylized mariokart mushroom and "malbüro" as well. 

(Malbüro translates to something like "painting office", a little joke in the direction of "Design studio", which is where i used to work. And it looks exactly like marlboro at first glance, which was major important to me.) 

by the way, I used ps-20 fluorescent Red. And i guess wtcc5 did so too. As far as i know it is also the "original color" for the f103 senna f1. Anyway, i love it, It really pops. There is a fluo orange too, ps24, but id use the more Red ps20 All over again. I backed with ps1 white and ps12 silver. Probably more than needed. But i didnt want the ps 31 smoke to bleed through.

This looks great as well! Thanks for the paint info.

9 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

@_Ben_: Thank you! I used just the standard rattle can PS-colors. PS-1 for the white and PS-20 for the flourescent red. 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

I see that you changed front bumper. What part it is? Is it Plug and Play?

On 8/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, skom25 said:

see that you changed front bumper. What part it is? Is it Plug and Play?

Hi, this is an associated rc10b4 ft with RPM Black mini front bumper #80232, it is plug+play.