JYCM3

Tamiya Showroom pictures being taken and sold

Have you guys seen this? seems this website been taking picture from Tamiya showroom, members' youtube still photos, everwhere  and sells them on their site.

I was researching Tamiya Hilux 4x4 and looking at pictures and came across my Hilux picture that I have in my showroom for $41.88 What the...#@$K!   is this legal?

here the link   https://www.kathernes.top/products.aspx?cname=tamiya+hilux+vintage&cid=67

In the past I have caught someone using my photos as their own on ebay since then I always put some markings on my photos.

We need a Tamiya Club water mark for photos…….

• Like 3

I’d be contacting them and demanding royalties! Then get them taken down altogether. How to do this I’m not sure, maybe your local police cyber security as a start

• Like 1

It looks like some strange scam site or a start up e-shop site that's not fully working - Everything is about the same price and reviews are all pretty new

https://www.kathernes.top/products.aspx?cid=67&cname=%241+stuffed+animals

https://www.kathernes.top/products.aspx?cid=67&cname=%241+hot+wheels+cars

https://www.kathernes.top/products.aspx?cid=67&cname=%2410+toys+at+target

Watermarking pics has been discussed before, but there's nothing stopping you adding your own.
With Photoshop and GiMP getting so good at removing 'distractions' in photos, unless you go for a really intrusive watermark, even free software can do a decent job of removing them.

• Thanks 1

This has been happening in all hobbies lately as foreign scammers mine forums for content. It has been happening on Instagram and Facebook a ton, with people trying to use someone else's pictures in their own for sale post.

I'm honestly surprised no one's antivirus has been triggered, these new shady random sites are probably full of malware, too. Scam within a scam. I don't even understand how you guys are finding these. Searching the web address doesn't get any hits, and I refuse to go to that website directly.

• Like 1

I have nothing for sale so rest assured if anyone sees pictures of my cars on sale, they are not.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some of the pictures have Tamiyabase.com as a watermark. 

None of the reviews make sense.

They also have Tamiya "box art" for sale.

Post a link to Tamiya America on twitter or something,  They are selling Hilux monster racer box art.

Some of the pictures have Tamiyabase.com as a watermark. 

None of the reviews make sense.

They also have Tamiya "box art" for sale.

Post a link to Tamiya America on twitter or something,  They are selling Hilux monster racer box art.

36 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I have nothing for sale so rest assured if anyone sees pictures of my cars on sale, they are not.  

I think it's just pictures of cars they are selling, not the actual cars...

6 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I think it's just pictures of cars they are selling, not the actual cars...

I see..  I did not want to open that link. 

For those who aren't clicking the links, here's  a few screenshots.

Everything I've seen so far is priced at $39.88, $40.88 or $41.88 and everything has 'size' options regardless of what it is.
All the reviews were made in the last few days .
At present, the search function doesn't work on the site, so it's either someone setting up a new site, or one of the laziest scammers ever

According to WhoIs, the domain was registered 25 Feb 23

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

• Thanks 1

Something about all those crazy unrelated photos and item content got me wondering if there isn't some kind of tool going on behind the code somewhere.  Like it's actually doing a kind of google image search, but displaying the images in a generic shop page format.  Sure enough, I did a bit of page inspectory, and they haven't taken copies of the photos into their own site like you'd expect of someone genuinely intending to sell a product - the photos are still linked back to wherever they came from.

page_inspection.png

My guess is this is some kind of scam, throwing up a non-existent product that looks just like you were searching for, adding on some AI-generated reviews and hoping you'll click the buy button.  Or maybe (given how AI is supposed to be taking over the world right now) it's an AI-generated website, which could be why it looks almost exactly like a real thing whilst still being 100% devoid of any actual content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I heard there are several stages (groups) of scammers and these are the folks that gather victim's personal info..then they sell the data to the next group that creates malware.. then sold to the group that does ransomware and collect money.. or something like that.  

• Like 1

Hmmm, those reviews for the Avante chassis.
Very comfy, fits well.....I don't think they would be. Probably up there with the tamiya chassis that would be least comfy, ahem!

• Like 1

From icann

• Created: 2023-02-25 05:58:11 UTC

Any money provided to that site will be lost and you'll get nothing, it's a scam.