Sign in to follow this  
Saito2

Optima Mid Steering knuckle defect

I'm sorry if this issue has already been discussed, but has anyone else had an issue with their re-release Optima Mid steering knuckles? One of the pivot screw holes on mine appears to have been drilled oversize, leaving little to no internal threads left. Guess this ends the debate of whether I was going to shelve this one or not, :P.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, bud. I personally didn't have any issue with that part, and I'm not aware of anybody else mentioning it so far. I don't know if you feel like going to the extent of contacting Kyosho customer service about it, but if you do, it might help: people on this forum have claimed time and again that they are very good and would probably send you the replacement needed.

In my case, it was the shocks that put a real damper -pun intended- on my otherwise extremely rewarding building experience. They were ever-so-slightly leaking, no big deal (wouldn't even have noticed it on a Tamiya) but for some reason I went full on OCD about it, until I eventually solved the issue thanks mostly to the AE green slime. I guess I subconsciously demanded an absolutely spotless experience from this premium buggy, a kit that I could only consider getting once in my lifetime!!

It is now 99% finished, and I'm now trying to summon up the courage to run it... usual feeling at the end of the build 😅

But back on topic, I hope you'll get to solve the issue. If I were in your shoes, I'd ring up or email customer service and see how it goes. It's worth a try, why not. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 1

I know a few people where giving two left or two right ones. I also believe i read the same issue you have last summer. 
ive yet to build mine and havent checked. Im still taking my sweet time with my cougar classic

• Like 1

Mine were fine too, but with some thread lock should work okay..but I would also suggest checking with Kyosho whether they can send you a replacement.