Busdriver

A big thank you Tamiya Club

As I slither to the end of my 65th birthday celebrations I realised it’s just over 5 years since I joined this happy band. In that time I have acquired over 30 models( not all Tamiya) don’t tell Mrs BD!! In all honesty like many of our partners she knows but just doesn’t let on!! But I’ve acquired a lot of other things from members. Advice, tips , the odd model, sold a few too, but above all a form of friendship that has given me immense pleasure. There is something about this forum compared with others I’ve been involved in that is just so!!! There’s a trust and hence safety between real members. I’ve just done a trade with a member ( you know who you are)  and baring in mind it’s a Sunday and I’ve been drinking and eating since 11.30 this morning I already have the money in my bank. No questions asked. That my friends is a rare thing in this day and age. I’m raising my final glass of the day to “Tamiya Club may it flourish root and branch”

Busdriver aka Jeremy 

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday buddy!!🎂🎊🎉🎁🎇 Hope you had a great day, sounds like you did!😂

I echo your sentiments about this forum and it's members, it's a great part of the hobby!!👍

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday and Cheers (I was already thinking about grabbing that beer i did not drink yesterday and now i have aperfect excuse to)

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday and my experience exactly with TamiyaClub; a bunch of friendly, happy to help like-minded enthusiasts. 

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday. Agree regarding this forum. Best one I've ever used, and pretty much one of the only ones left, now most others have disappeared to facebook...

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday to you, Sir 🎂🍻. I was on the water but will crack a late beer in your honour. (I too was looking for an excuse 😉). May I echo your sentiments about this place also - beautifully put. 

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday!  And may your next 5 years on Tamiyaclub be as enjoyable as the last :) 

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Jeremy! I echo your sentiments entirely. Here’s to the next 5!

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday @Busdriver aka Jeremy!

Have a good one and spend it well with Mrs BD rather than your models. Otherwise, you know the consequence. :lol:

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Happy birthday @Busdriver aka Jeremy!

Have a good one and spend it well with Mrs BD rather than your models. Otherwise, you know the consequence. :lol:

I think the secret is a happy balance of many things !!!

• Like 2

Happy birthday @Busdriver, always a pleasure to converse with you and read your posts. Hope you've had a great day mate! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Am a bit late to this, but Happy Birthday @Busdriver!  Your input on my Lancia 037 build was most helpful indeed, and is a prime example of the sort of support and camaraderie that you're talking about.  Will crack open a cold one tonight in your honour. :)

• Thanks 1

Happy belated birthday!  You are certainly part of what makes this forum such a good thing.

• Thanks 1

I too am a little late, but Happy belated Birthday Busdriver!! I'll crack open a cold one now and cheer to you and to Tamiyaclub! Very well put, by the way, and I totally agree. I wouldn't enjoy this hobby as much as I do without our beloved forum. And after a few years in, by now I'm starting to get used to the concept of calling "friends" people whose real name or faces I don't even know (and have no particular desire to 🤣). And yet I feel so much mutual trust around here, it really is a priceless feeling! We are lucky to have such thing going on in this day and age, so cheers to you all for making it happen.

Very nicely said @Busdriver 👍🏻
Happy belated Birthday mate 🍻

A bit off topic but while I’m here, over on the main site I believe you are chasing what paint I used on the ‘Jager Bomb’. I picked them up from the local auto store, not sure if you get Dupli-colour there but this is them….

E74B7214-A181-45F0-9E15-B6D324CC32D9.jpg

All the best again.

• Thanks 1