Sign in to follow this  
dmiles

programming blinkers and brakes

I bought a rc crawler from ebay and found that it has the coolest features (blinkers and brake lights). The remote is not labeled as a name brand, but looks like it has 10 channels, and 8 of them are in use. However, what i would like to do, is upgrade the remote to a nicer name brand one. However, I have no idea how to program the blinkers and brake lights. Since I need 8 channels and want something named brand, I am really limited to a just a handful of remotes that have a named brand. 

If i were to buy a futaba remote, for example with enough channels, is there a way to program it to turn on the right blinker if i turn right? or for the brake lights to light up when i hit the brake/reverse?

attached is the schematics from the book on how it is wired... not sure if that helps or not

any help is greatly appreciated

IMG20230320113527.jpg

Looks like the light controller is integrated into the receiver. A Futaba receiver won't do that natively, but there are separate light controllers available.

Gut feeling is that it could be a lot of work to replicate the functionality with a different radio. I think I'd leave it alone and  enjoy the standard setup.

21 minutes ago, sosidge said:

Looks like the light controller is integrated into the receiver. A Futaba receiver won't do that natively, but there are separate light controllers available.

Gut feeling is that it could be a lot of work to replicate the functionality with a different radio. I think I'd leave it alone and  enjoy the standard setup.

This is really helpful. I had never heard of a light controller before.thank you so much