RC_FunLand

Quick TT-02 Question

Hi,

I broke a linkage arm (SP.1297 I believe), losing a metal driveshaft in the process. I found ONE seller (Japan-based) that carries said linkage arm, but it claims to be for a …. TA05-IFS??? Are they the same??

I also cannot, for the life of me, find a replacement “stock” Type-S driveshaft.

If anyone could tell me the PN# (manual doesn’t say), that would be GREATLY appreciated.

B49C0D19-5753-4FC0-8BD0-D109E461F5D0.jpeg.42958af28cd51d57cd6e9e19423912cb.jpeg147BCC63-2669-40EF-82C1-EE0A7D251743.jpeg.ebfba1ca1c30289d26b02b43deedbf60.jpeg

4 minutes ago, one_hit said:

The part number is listed right there, below BB22. It’s 51048

A8450F15-73EC-4BD9-BC84-C14911193B7E.jpeg.d165ae3e4f8f083d2ece6c9d19cd3081.jpeg

Well, gentlemen I now know I’m blind. I thought I looked below the number, but whatever … :rolleyes:

thanks so much.

21 minutes ago, RC_FunLand said:

Hi,

I broke a linkage arm (SP.1297 I believe), losing a metal driveshaft in the process. I found ONE seller (Japan-based) that carries said linkage arm, but it claims to be for a …. TA05-IFS??? Are they the same??

I also cannot, for the life of me, find a replacement “stock” Type-S driveshaft.

If anyone could tell me the PN# (manual doesn’t say), that would be GREATLY appreciated.

B49C0D19-5753-4FC0-8BD0-D109E461F5D0.jpeg.42958af28cd51d57cd6e9e19423912cb.jpeg147BCC63-2669-40EF-82C1-EE0A7D251743.jpeg.ebfba1ca1c30289d26b02b43deedbf60.jpeg

I broke the arm on my SR last week also. I ordered 51297 from Plaza Japan. The (online) SR manual has 51104 but I read they are interchangeable and comparing with your manual extract above they look the same. 

13 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

I broke the arm on my SR last week also. I ordered 51297 from Plaza Japan. The (online) SR manual has 51104 but I read they are interchangeable and comparing with your manual extract above they look the same. 

Yes they are interchangeable, the difference is that 51104 appears to be carbon reinforced (greyish color)

8 minutes ago, one_hit said:

Yes they are interchangeable, the difference is that 51104 appears to be carbon reinforced (greyish color)

Annoying we can't get it then. I'd prefer reinforced plastics. Mine was probably pretty tough actually - it was a very hard impact that did for it. 

Can I sneak in and ask a TT02 question??? Can you fit the urethane bumper mount and bumper to a TT 02b like the Neo Scorcher?

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Can I sneak in and ask a TT02 question??? Can you fit the urethane bumper mount and bumper to a TT 02b like the Neo Scorcher?

Anything is possible with ingenuity and access to a 3D printer, but it is not a straightforward swap. The parts used to give the front end kick up on the TT-02B use the same mounting points as the the road going version's urethane bumper mount.

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

Anything is possible with ingenuity and access to a 3D printer, but it is not a straightforward swap. The parts used to give the front end kick up on the TT-02B use the same mounting points as the the road going version's urethane bumper mount.

Could I use the B arms but with Road car front end. Might actually suite what I’m trying to do. I’m sure I’ve seen something on this site showing a NS with a pinkish urethane bumper fairly recently. Have to look at some threads and try and track it down!!

Found it. Blue not pink. @Willsls1 can you tell me how you managed this. I have a plan that will end more a Formula 1 car front end but I need the bumper and nose cone to produce it. 

A Big Sorry to @RC_FunLand for hijacking your thread!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Could I use the B arms but with Road car front end. Might actually suite what I’m trying to do. I’m sure I’ve seen something on this site showing a NS with a pinkish urethane bumper fairly recently. Have to look at some threads and try and track it down!!

The B arms mount on metal hinge pins while the standard road car arms have plastic nubs moulded onto them which engage with cavities in the chassis.

It might be possible to use a Type S front end and mount buggy arms to that, as the Type S also uses metal hinge pins. 

I will have a look at the undersides of my B and Type S this evening, and let you know how feasible it looks.

41 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Thanks

Based on how they look side-by-side, or nose to nose in this case, it looks entirely feasible to fit a urethane front bumper and eliminate front kick up on a TT-02B by using parts from the TT-02 Type S.

2023-03-21_05-18-53

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

Based on how they look side-by-side, or nose to nose in this case, it looks entirely feasible to fit a urethane front bumper and eliminate front kick up on a TT-02B by using parts from the TT-02 Type S.

2023-03-21_05-18-53

Have to have a look through my parts box. I have loads of TT02 parts . Thanks fo looking

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, Busdriver said:

A Big Sorry to @RC_FunLand for hijacking your thread!!!

No worries, TT-02 questions of all sorts are fine here. :)