67CamaroSS

2023 RCX Los Angeles - How Disappointing…

I attended on Saturday in Pomona and I can say easily one of the most disappointing RC events I’ve ever been to.  They combined it with an Outdoor expo to make it seem bigger when all it really was about 10-12 booths with no major manufacturers there,, unless you count FMS, Hitec and Redcat.  I used to go to these show years ago and Tamiya, Kyosho, HP,I, Associated, Traxxas etc were well represented along with a lot of good smaller companies..  Even worse, was an “article” in RC Car Action that touted it as “Bigger and Better Than Ever”.

Definitely will not go back.

Well, shoot, I was about to be disappointed that I missed it.

Last year they combined it with some sort of RV show but at least there were some big names.  

Hope it comes back to something resembling what it was years ago.

I went last year. I was done in an hour. So, I didn't go this year. It was LAME. But yeah, in the past, most of the big manufacturers were there and you could pick up free decals and buy gear.

I'm on the other coast so obviously couldnt attend, but did see a lot of hype around it.  Sorry it was not all it was made out to be.     Was SoCalMonsters there?  Apparently they were showing off the new Warpath 4 chassis.  Mine arrived yesterday and I just about have it running, beautiful chassis.  Can't wait to get it out on the track. 

I think the last hobby show I attended in the USA was 2001 or 2002... since then, downward (recently off the cliff) spiral.. My wife and I were invited by Sean, Kogawa-san, Ito-san, and crew from HPI to have dinner with them.  

The hobby shows in Japan are still quite good.  

• Like 1