Sign in to follow this  
dmiles

will these wheels and tires fit on the cc01?

The wheels will fit. The tire (120mm) will depend on which body you're using. The tires I'm using has a 90mm outer diameter which scrapes on the Pajero fenders on 80%  compression.

If you want something closer to the Tamiya size consider a 1.55 wheel with a "Class 0" tyre. Arguably a more scale appearance than the 1.9s that came in the kit.

Decent tires. I've used them in the past in 1.55 flavor - Far better than the stock CC01's that for sure. 

2 hours ago, Sogogi said:

I use rc4wd michelins.. soft and nice

both the wheels and tires are supposed to arrive today. the cc01 looks like it will arrive tomorrow. my plan is that i will put the fj cruiser body of the cc01 onto the cc02 and put the cc02 body on the cc01. assuming they both fit. they are both pre-painted bodies, so i am not messing with the holes. 

from what i understand the fj body should plop right onto the cc-02 as that model of cc01 has the same wheelbase as the cc02. 

i did order the bearings and steering upgrade for the cc01 and i also got the bearings for the cc02. i guess i will see which i like better. the fj cruiser is my favorite truck, so if it fits, the fj cruiser body will go onto which ever kit i like more, the cc01 or cc02. the wheels and tires will then go onto which ever kit the fj cruiser body goes onto. 

UPDATE: Both the wheels and tires and the FJ Cruiser arrived today. Quite the surprise. i wasnt expecting the FJ today. its really nice. i need to hurry up and finished building my cc02 now

the wheels and tires fit the cc01 kit ok. there will be rubbing if the wheel is all the way turned and fully compressed. 

my thought of putting the fj body on the cc02 is busted. the wheel base is fine, but i got the pre-painted body version and the holes are already drilled. if i move the post outwards, they look like they would fit, but tamiya didnt make it so you can flip because there is a single screw with a pin. flipping it around to make it wider causes the pin to have nothing to hold onto. i guess i could glue it or something, however after finishing building the cc02, im not sure its a lot better than the cc01. im going to give them both a long drive and see, but the steering upgrade i bought for the cc01 isnt here yet

oh well.