Gebbly

What new kit would you really like?

I'm just curious if anyone has ever thought "It would be really cool if Tamiya made a kit of...."

Looking at the complexity that exists already in the cars and all the light kits, sound boxes and even things like the fully functional turrets on the tanks, I think it would be really cool to get a Tamiya kit of a fire truck. Use a similar sound box to produce the different siren noises, include the flashing blue lights and maybe you could even repurpose the tank turret mechanisms for a working retractable/rotating/positionable ladder on top of the fire truck. For bonus points you could even include a small water storage inside that could be used with a controllable water cannon.

Anyone else got any ideas?

• Like 5

County tractor

County-and-roadless.jpg

I've even made a start on it for them

SAM_3868.jpg

But I'm not holding my breath that I'm going to see anything like it anytime soon......

• Like 5

This, just make a basic unlicensed pre-war racer, something akin to the Hornet that takes 5 minutes to assemble and can be a handful to drive with a silver can.

Only problem is there wouldn't really be any room for hop-ups!

image.png.f100bbc41275cf6b34a1bd95a242795d.png

• Like 12

I would like Kyosho to make a modern competition level buggy, but from Tamiya how about a Comical Egress..?  :lol:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I would like Kyosho to make a modern competition level buggy, but from Tamiya how about a Comical Egress..?  :lol:

They have the Lazer ZX7 and Ultima RB7 which are a few years old now (may be discontinued?). I expect they will come out with new ones soon as they're still making competition 8th scale kits.

I think of the ZX7 and RB7 as being new because I used to race a ZX6 and RB6.6 but they probably are 5 years old,  or more.

Since i posted I should answer, and for me it always comes back to I wish they would do for buggies what they do for onroad, and used to do. A TRF buggy with a cheaper plastic version which shares all the hop ups

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kowalski86 said:

This, just make a basic unlicensed pre-war racer, something akin to the Hornet that takes 5 minutes to assemble and can be a handful to drive with a silver can.

Will be nice if they will scale this up.

Yp0ntLL.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Oh awesome. I love that it already has a trailer! Now I think about it there are many tractors they could base things on. The famous "little grey fergy" perhaps. But there are also tractors with caterpiller tracks or big funnels.

1 hour ago, Kowalski86 said:

a basic unlicensed pre-war racer

That would be pretty cool. If were going classic I think an original Austin 7 would be cool.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Will be nice if they will scale this up.

Yp0ntLL.jpg

I'm surprised that they haven't!

41 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

They have the Lazer ZX7 and Ultima RB7 which are a few years old now (may be discontinued?). I expect they will come out with new ones soon as they're still making competition 8th scale kits.

I think of the ZX7 and RB7 as being new because I used to race a ZX6 and RB6.6 but they probably are 5 years old,  or more.

Since i posted I should answer, and for me it always comes back to I wish they would do for buggies what they do for onroad, and used to do. A TRF buggy with a cheaper plastic version which shares all the hop ups

RB7 / ZX7 have both been discontinued. I have the RB7 it’s a fantastic buggy.. for now it seems Kyosho has stopped producing race level buggies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dakar rally support trucks! (And please rerelease rally trucks.. like touareg)

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Yeah, I'd like a TRF buggy, with a DB03 (?) option too.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Dakar rally support trucks! (And please rerelease rally trucks.. like touareg)

That’s such a cool idea. I was looking at the CC01 Unimog the other day wondering if it would make a good rally support truck.

• Like 1

speaking or Dakar

Now that the 992 Porsche GT3 is coming on TT02.. maybe Tamiya will come out with this:

0CCDC6CB-A6E3-4595-9E0A-76FAE0B092F1.jpeg

CDDC4108-8131-4D81-B5C7-787AAEA88842.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Motor at the front and solid back axle with a prop shaft- Wicked!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Ooooo yes! Put me down for a Bentley Blower!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MadInventor said:

I do really like the idea of working machines. I have also seen working building site machines like diggers and trucks that look cool. I came across a video of a bunch of JCB type RC vehicles recreating a construciton site and it was fascinating.

@MadInventor the tractor is looking cracking so far. Will she be going open cab?

I'd like to see Tamiya jump into the RC Crawler market with a chassis that would compete with the likes of the TRX-4, SCX10, Enduro, SCA-1, etc.   Ladder frame, 4-link coil-overs, center mounted transfer case, solid scale looking axles etc.  As was discussed in a different post, the younger kids today aren't as interested in the "not overly fast but looks amazingly scale" RC cars but several are drawn to the scale RC crawlers (not as many as bashers mind you but much more than scale touring/rally/buggy cars).   This could be something that gets the new folks to look at Tamiya and then discover the other aspects of the company's offerings.   Tamiya has the scale part down pretty well, now just make a chassis that's comparable to the others.

As for bodies, I'm a big fan of the utilitarian scale off roaders so I'd be up for a nice Volvo C303,  Pinzgauer or a fresh Unimog (one that doesn't look like they spent weeks designing the cab and 20 minutes designing the bed!  <-- did I say that out loud? :unsure:)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gebbly said:

I do really like the idea of working machines. I have also seen working building site machines like diggers and trucks that look cool. I came across a video of a bunch of JCB type RC vehicles recreating a construciton site and it was fascinating.

@MadInventor the tractor is looking cracking so far. Will she be going open cab?

I'm in the process of building a cab for it, but my cancer has got bad now and it's impeding my capability to use my metalworking machines, so progress is grindingly slow on it, but I do hope to get it finished. A friend is going to help with 3D printing some components for it so that I can fit a bonnet on it as well.

3 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Movie and tv based cars like Batman, back to the future, dukes of hazard, knight rider, ghost busters.

Brilliant idea!!

The first time on the forum I have regretted only being able to click the "like" button once. I expect there would be all sorts of Intellectual property/legal wrangling involved and profit sharing with the IP owners. But it would be so cool to have the bat mobile from the classic 1960s tv show. Is there a van, maybe the lunchbox, that is the correct shape for an A-Team van?

• Like 1