skom25

DT-03 Road Tires

Hi,

Sorry for another topic but my Build does not have huge audience :P

I am looking for typical road tires for my DT-03 standard rims. I prefer Tamiya.

Any suggestions?

I do not want to make mistake that I previously done...

1 hour ago, skom25 said:

Hi,

Sorry for another topic but my Build does not have huge audience :P

I am looking for typical road tires for my DT-03 standard rims. I prefer Tamiya.

Any suggestions?

I do not want to make mistake that I previously done...

For the standard DT-03 star dish wheels there are no Tamiya road tires. I'm pretty sure you will not find any road tires for those wheels. Maybe someone else is aware of of some.

You could try Carson ones which are pretty common for the DT-02 and DT-03. At least here in Germany. There are several types and they come as complete wheels. Here's an example:

https://www.carson-modelsport.com/carson_de/ersatzteile-zubehoer/rc-zubehoer/reifen-raeder/all-terrain-2wd-reifen-set-4-500900134-de.html

If you prefer Tamiya I guess you have to go with the Aqroshot ones which are 2.2.

• Like 1

I think I was recommended Schumacher Venom as road tyres for a buggy but I haven't got any so far so I can't comment on them. I'd quite like to try out my DT-03 on the road like this though. Could be interesting. 

My son has some Carson wheels on his DT-03 Racing fighter, and they work really well on tarmac and the hard packed gravel/dirt that we normally drive on. They have lasted much longer than the tires that came with the kit. He beat me today round the postal racing course using those wheels too! 

Here is s link if you are interested.

https://tamico.de/Carson-500900027-Buggy-Tire-Wheel-Set-All-Terrain-22-black

1 hour ago, OoALEJOoO said:

I've been using Tamiya Dual Block K with my DT-03 with great results.

Are you sure that they will fit on my rims?

I see that my current tires are 60/29. Block K is 62/35

@skom25 Can't remember exactly the wheel specs, but indeed the stock DT-03 are a bit narrower than say the TT-02B fronts. I've fitted Dual Block K front tires (54185) on both cars and they fit well. On the DT-03 fronts they do bulge out just slightly but there are no issues. Below comparison shot:

FighterBuggy-10.JPG.54df0dfd0fb18d2c950e5481122c9382.JPG

The K compound is quite durable. The tires have only started to go a bit bald on the TT-02B Plasma Edge after several rounds of casual racing (abrasive tennis court) with a Super Stock BZ motor.

For the rears, Dual Block K rear tires (54186) also fit nicely on the stock DT-03 rears.

• Like 1

Have you glued them?

Still I do not understand, why some tires are marked as 60 and other as 62, but they still fit on same rim...

@OoALEJOoO sorry for so many questions, but I have one additional.

Do you have comparison to stock Neo Fighter front tires?

I do not know if I should buy Block K for front too or performance will be similar.

@skom25 No problem, I'm happy to help. Having Dual Block K on the DT-03 fronts increases grip compared to the narrow stock tires when running on street/road. This might cause oversteer on fast turns, which can be countered by installing a stabilizer in the front. The pictures I showed above have stabilizers both front & rear because my DT-03 is currently setup for dirt, but if running on street/road it's best to only have the front stabilizer.

A fair compromise is to keep the stock narrow front tires and only have Dual Block K on the rear when running on street/road.

• Like 1

@OoALEJOoO I installed Block K on rear and did few runs. They are great. So much more grip and overall control. I see also that they will last much longer.

Thank you for advice!

• Like 1