APR91

58718 - Toyota Celica GT-Four

Hi Everyone,

Although I have a thing about Tamiya rally cars, I've always missed out on the 1990 Celica GT4.  When I saw it was being re released I decided it was time to get one and add it to my collection.  It arrived last weekend, but I only really got round to looking through the box last night.  I'm surprised that Tamiya have now decided to include decals for the red panels although this should make getting crisp paint lines easier.  (I've still to decide whether to paint or use the decals).  I'm really disappointed that not only have some of the sponsorship decals disappeared, but also the references to the Lombard Rally.  You now get blanks in place of the references.

I've had a quick look around the internet this morning, but I can't find any aftermarket decals.  Did this change in the previous TT-02 release, or is this new with this version of the car?  Anybody got any idea how I can replace the missing decals without paying a fortune for originals on eBay?

Best regards,

Alan

PXL_20230331_082320739.jpg

PXL_20230331_082326410.jpg

• Like 1

I think MCI Racing offers repro decals of the originals with the Lombard Rally, etc. still present.

Just got confirmation that mines on the way, so disappointing to see that some of the sponsorship decals are missing.

I had the previous release and regrettably sold it, so was very happy to see it had been released again. I painted the red, its a lot of masking but looked great when finished. Sure I have photos of it somewhere.

I ordered the Celica GT4 bodies 165 & 185 by Team C. The 185 has arrived and the 165 should be here by next week.

860624_5e3f4ab026594d6d8dd0f67f55f031d2~mv2.jpg

Screenshot-20191108-072041-Facebook_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1578947387

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I think MCI Racing offers repro decals of the originals with the Lombard Rally, etc. still present.

I just got an email saying that MCI has a 20% off-offer this weekend, so a good opportunity to get the correct decals for less cash. 

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.  I've just ordered the Team C bodyshell and decals from L&L Models here in the UK.  Hopefully they won't take too long to arrive.  I've decided to paint the red panels and hopefully I'll not make too much of a mess.

Does anybody know if the previous Re Re also had the sponsorship removed?

Regards,

Alan

On 4/2/2023 at 5:17 PM, APR91 said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.  I've just ordered the Team C bodyshell and decals from L&L Models here in the UK.  Hopefully they won't take too long to arrive.  I've decided to paint the red panels and hopefully I'll not make too much of a mess.

Does anybody know if the previous Re Re also had the sponsorship removed?

Regards,

Alan

The tt01 rere had most of the original sponsors but Repsol and marlboro were missing, I think lombard and everything else was there

Thanks for the reply.  The Team C body has arrived.  It has the sponsorship decals but nothing else (window frames etc).  I'll get one good accurate shell out of both sets of decals and be left with a spare shell :-)

At least the weather looks good for painting this Easter weekend.

Thanks everybody for your help.