cantforgetthe80s

Hilux/ Blazer Re- release?

Seems lots of models for Vintage Hilux/blazer on ebay right now. 

Anyone think a re- release is in the works?  Or everyone just aging out of the hobby?

11 hours ago, tam-trucks said:

no....people need money :D

I actually said that and blamed our President for the poor economy.  Seems was edited out...

• Haha 1

I think Tamiya are going to be a bit on the cautious side when it comes to those rc truck kit because of the expense of them in this world climate we are in at the moment and the clones which have appeared and they must have had an effect on the sales of the genuine tamiya ones? I’ve had both side by side and if I’m honest yes they’re are differences down the line of quality but definitely not anything that would cause any concerns and if you are buying one to actually use and abuse the clone is the way to go (sorry tamiya) so I don’t think tamiya has the appetite to plough the money into these kits knowing the clones will probably soon follow!

• Like 1

Plenty of Boomerangs available on ebay since the re-re was announced so you never know! Lot's of Bigwig's and Madcap's too.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, moffman said:

I think Tamiya are going to be a bit on the cautious side when it comes to those rc truck kit because of the expense of them in this world climate we are in at the moment and the clones which have appeared and they must have had an effect on the sales of the genuine tamiya ones? I’ve had both side by side and if I’m honest yes they’re are differences down the line of quality but definitely not anything that would cause any concerns and if you are buying one to actually use and abuse the clone is the way to go (sorry tamiya) so I don’t think tamiya has the appetite to plough the money into these kits knowing the clones will probably soon follow!

Yeah I get you on that.  For me,  I'm not really going out and bashing anymore so I really like the idea of a hyper lifelike dynamic model that can actually fire up once in a while so I'm an OG Tamiya fan exclusively.  But that said,  I totally understand about the clones. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cantforgetthe80s said:

Yeah I get you on that.  For me,  I'm not really going out and bashing anymore so I really like the idea of a hyper lifelike dynamic model that can actually fire up once in a while so I'm an OG Tamiya fan exclusively.  But that said,  I totally understand about the clones. 

Oh yeah you can’t beat the genuine tamiya and actually building it up from the kit! Something you can’t do with the clones not even the kit versions they come with parts actually pre-built! But if you’re going to use it heavily or want to modify then surely a cheaper version is the best way?