Dan1891

Revell Contacta Professional cement?

I just wonder if you can use Revell Professional Contacta cement for your Tamiya plastic parts?

Its very hard to find any Tamiya cement locally here, and postage for such a little bottle is almost higher than the cement itself :(

Which plastic parts are you referring to, because plastic cement only usually work on styrene based plastic like hard shells.  If hard shell, I'm pretty sure the Revell stuff will work as long as it's for plastic model kits.  

• Like 1

It’ll work on things like drivers heads/bodies etc but will not stick lexan/polycarbonate. As @Willy iinesays if it’s a hard body like a scorcher/bruiser certain CC01 bodies like the Jeep Wrangler then it will be ok.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Which plastic parts are you referring to, because plastic cement only usually work on styrene based plastic like hard shells.  If hard shell, I'm pretty sure the Revell stuff will work as long as it's for plastic model kits.  

I was thinking of the Wild Willy Driver, and his parts. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

It’ll work on things like drivers heads/bodies etc but will not stick lexan/polycarbonate. As @Willy iinesays if it’s a hard body like a scorcher/bruiser certain CC01 bodies like the Jeep Wrangler then it will be ok.

Great! thanks!!

3 minutes ago, Dan1891 said:

I was thinking of the Wild Willy Driver, and his parts. :)

Should work!  GL.  :D

• Like 1

Just now, Willy iine said:

Should work!  GL.  :D

Perfect! The Revell cement i can get locally! :)

Tip for that cement: if it drys in the tube and you cannot use it, use a lighter on the metal tube. It will clear the tube of dried cement.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Tip for that cement: if it drys in the tube and you cannot use it, use a lighter on the metal tube. It will clear the tube of dried cement.

Great tip! sooner or later these types of cement always drys.

1 hour ago, Dan1891 said:

Great tip! sooner or later these types of cement always drys.

This cement is great for very precise application, second only to Tamiya's Extra Thin. However the tube getting blocked was a pain. I tried many methods but found fighting it with fire the best. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

This cement is great for very precise application, second only to Tamiya's Extra Thin. However the tube getting blocked was a pain. I tried many methods but found fighting it with fire the best. 😁

Do you have to pop out the metal tube before heating? Or do the plastic base in the bottle survive the heat anyway?

5 minutes ago, Dan1891 said:

Do you have to pop out the metal tube before heating? Or do the plastic base in the bottle survive the heat anyway?

Just heat the front half will usually do the trick. Squeeze lightly with it standing up and you will soon know when it is cleared. I had heated it to red hot and the plastic is just fine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Just heat the front half will usually do the trick. Squeeze lightly with it standing up and you will soon know when it is cleared. I had heated it to red hot and the plastic is just fine.

Thanks!