Kpowell911

‘Available’ TA02 Models

Hi, Im in a bit of a predicament that can be potentially sorted quite easily……

I need a shell/wheels/tyres for a TT02 SRX that I have on order

I need a TA02 Chassis for my Repsol Cosworth as it’s currently on an incorrect TA01.

Easiest option, pick up a readily available TA02 Calibra

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154502889224

This would solve both issues, however Im not 100% on the Calibra body, are there any other options?

thanks

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thats interesting. Id need to work out what that would cost once its in my hands in the UK mind. 

EDIT I need to spend €135 to order apparantly?! Never mind

Ouch!

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Ouch!

I lied, its €165 :( Tamico havent really got anything else I want/need/can afford

On 4/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, Kpowell911 said:

Hi, Im in a bit of a predicament that can be potentially sorted quite easily……

I need a shell/wheels/tyres for a TT02 SRX that I have on order

I need a TA02 Chassis for my Repsol Cosworth as it’s currently on an incorrect TA01.

Easiest option, pick up a readily available TA02 Calibra

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154502889224

This would solve both issues, however Im not 100% on the Calibra body, are there any other options?

thanks

Hi,

You dont actually need anything nore than the actual chassis tub and the TA02 prop shaft that are both easily bought from anywhere such as TTP Models, all the other bits from the TA01 chassis will swap right over

Its £7.99 for the prop shaft and £16.99 for the chassis tub

Then you can just buy the body you want.

2 hours ago, Addicted said:

Hi,

You dont actually need anything nore than the actual chassis tub and the TA02 prop shaft that are both easily bought from anywhere such as TTP Models, all the other bits from the TA01 chassis will swap right over

Its £7.99 for the prop shaft and £16.99 for the chassis tub

Then you can just buy the body you want.

So the only differences are the chassis and the shaft between the 01 and 02? Also aren’t the front knuckles blue too?

Id ‘prefer’ to convert the TA01 to a TA02 as its going to be hard to sneak another RC passed the Mrs…

I found this:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=48983&id=2193

Seems theres a lot more changes?

19 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

So the only differences are the chassis and the shaft between the 01 and 02? Also aren’t the front knuckles blue too?

There are more differences between the TA01 and TA02 like the lower front/rear suspension arms and the front uprights.

I‘m not sure but I think the upper suspension arms are also different.

6 hours ago, Addicted said:

Sorry this is not correct - while it's certainly possible to do this, not only would it not convert an 01 to an 02 (as others have clarified), it would result in a much shortened wheelbase.

Also, if I do buy that 2023 ReRe Calibra TA02, will the chassis have the mounts for the MSC/Throttle Servo etc? I want to transplant it all over and leave as it was? Thanks

12 hours ago, rich_f said:

Sorry this is not correct - while it's certainly possible to do this, not only would it not convert an 01 to an 02 (as others have clarified), it would result in a much shortened wheelbase.

My mistake, I should have put my comment into context depending on what wheelbase you needed :-(

16 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

There are more differences between the TA01 and TA02 like the lower front/rear suspension arms and the front uprights.

I‘m not sure but I think the upper suspension arms are also different.

If you swapped the entire TA01 front end over wouldnt it be the same width as the TA02 - i think it is, but I'm not sure as I think the arms are shorter and the knuckles longer on the TA01 and the other way round on the TA02 - is that correct or not?

I will dig some out tonight to compare as I have each variation built up :-)

@Addicted: The width of a TA01 and a TA02 should be the same.
However, I'm not sure if you'd still have the exact same wheelbase if you swapped the entire front end of a TA02 for a TA01 (or vice versa).

2 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

@Addicted: The width of a TA01 and a TA02 should be the same.
However, I'm not sure if you'd still have the exact same wheelbase if you swapped the entire front end of a TA02 for a TA01 (or vice versa).

worth some further investigation - might be a weekend project to drag out some built chassis and do a comparison :-)

Thats the great part of the early TA series, there are so many different options available by swapping out parts between them.

23 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Also, if I do buy that 2023 ReRe Calibra TA02, will the chassis have the mounts for the MSC/Throttle Servo etc? I want to transplant it all over and leave as it was? Thanks

Anyone know the answer to this?

You can just swap over the top deck with servo and msc and then replace with top deck that comes in the kit. 

im not 100% sure the servo/ MSC parts are on the new spruces but they might be. 

46 minutes ago, Addicted said:

You can just swap over the top deck with servo and msc and then replace with top deck that comes in the kit. 

im not 100% sure the servo/ MSC parts are on the new spruces but they might be. 

Arent they different because its an 01 to 02?

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Arent they different because its an 01 to 02?

E parts(MSC mount) are the same for TA01 and TA02

On 4/26/2023 at 8:47 AM, Kpowell911 said:

Anyone know the answer to this?

All the parts are included in the re-issued version - just checked mine.

• Like 1

This kit might be a choice for you too:
1/10 Lancia 037 Rally TA02-S Kit 58654A

In the states it can be had cheaper than the Opel. 

10 minutes ago, DTSCB said:

This kit might be a choice for you too:
1/10 Lancia 037 Rally TA02-S Kit 58654A

In the states it can be had cheaper than the Opel. 

Its a SWB though isnt it?

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its a SWB though isnt it?

Short Wheel Base?

To be honest, I don't know. 

The Opel Calibra and Lancia both have the same rear build, only the fronts are different.  The Lancia has a 2xD trees with two different A arms on each tree, and uses both of 1 of them.  Not sure how either would play out for wheel base. 

If you can find the Lancia cheaper, it might be worth looking into.  MSRP is higher on the Lancia in the states, but the Opel is hard to find, or it was when I was looking.