A few months ago I bought a Losi Baja Rey from an older fellow that was downsizing his collection of cars, new and built. After buying a handful of his kits, he liked me and that I am an older guy myself(48) and didn't have to worry about it being bashed, asked me if I wanted to buy a Baja Rey he has. Told me it is super rare, mint 400 version that came with a coin. Told me it is one of only 250 made. I smiled a bit(not believing) it and passed on it. I went home and did a little research and found that they made a white version of the Baja Rey from losi that was only sold by a certain hobby shop. Interested I called him back up to ask for price. He told me 500 USA dollars when the original prices were around 570 to 650 or so. Told me it's in the original shipping crate from losi, in original box sealed never broken the seal to open box. 

I took it home and sat it on the shelf.....until today when my curiosity and disbelief got me. I had to know if this really is a super rare rc car, do I own one? Never happens to me...I never get a cool thing like that. So with careful hands freshly washed, I carefully broke the seal and pulled the truck out...... I had to break the zip ties holding the truck to the box, but I had to so I could look under the truck where the build number is. I flipped it over and yepp.... I still can't believe it ..  I have truck 197 of 250 ever made with the white camo body.  I'm super stoked and feel like a happy 12 year old.

I did break the seal and lifted the truck from the crate, but who cares ...it may now of dropped value a few dollars, but I did remove the battery, because  it comes with battery installed and I will never run this truck(shelf queen 100%) and don't want a lipo battery leaking all over the truck from sitting around. Plus I'll use that battery in one of my other cars. I just can't see wasting a good lipo just because it's part of a rare car set. A lipo is a lipo, so it will be used. 

Here are some pictures, finally I have a cool, rare rc car....really exciting to me. Thanks for reading this long post.! Scroll down to see all pictures.

IMG_2023-05-01-08-03-50-790.jpg

• Like 6

P.S.....I know this isn't a Tamiya, but T.C is the only online forum I post on, so....couldn't wait to show my cool truck on her

I know you won’t run it but they are an absolute blast. I have the King shock’s Raptor and it is just so realistic when it runs. And fast……

very lucky find. Did it come with a coin?

57 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I know you won’t run it but they are an absolute blast. I have the King shock’s Raptor and it is just so realistic when it runs. And fast……

very lucky find. Did it come with a coin?

I didn't open the packet box it was in, but it's suppose to be in there. I was kinda hoping it wasn't really the 1 of 250, but it is, so I'm not going to run it. The only difference is the coin and the body color, but still. 

Im definitely going to get a Baja Rey to run, they do look great and realistic.  

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if the black rhino Baja Rey has a battery with it? From what I read it doesn't, but my limited edition(most would never run it) edition, it has a battery with it. 

Makes no sense. 

I could take the battery from the limited edition and use it in the Black Rhino.... I don't think that would decrease the value of the limited edition, it's a battery after all and why waste it from letting it sit for ages and dying?... It's only a battery after all, unless it says mint 400 on it, lol. I'm never buying another limited edition rc car again.... Decide Ng to run or keep new is frustrating