And one from a little while ago

The satisfaction in such utter pointlessness. Is it just me? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong with small satisfactions. You are possibly the type to put your hand in a bag of chips, come back with a REALLY big one - unbroken - and then look at it gleefully thinking "a BIG chip!!!"

• Like 6

No video, but I at least took a couple of pics.
y4mYMN-UBkR3xU6f8aGXaiy_g2Rorw319Y6dUdST

y4mNYU0WS5Cil8sHPAdH4IjmHiFRw554JR1EN34I

y4mBvWtQpNf8K2paHjP1pmr9cSxIuEf9RpXLF_ZI

I had no intention of doing it, but the polycarbonate was so thin around the rear undercut, it almost did it itself!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Nothing wrong with small satisfactions. You are possibly the type to put your hand in a bag of chips, come back with a REALLY big one - unbroken - and then look at it gleefully thinking "a BIG chip!!!"

Now I feel normal, we’ve had a long family tradition of when we go out for dinner, or get fish & chips is ‘Who got the longest chip competition’ 😂

No video here either but I’ve kept the trophies from my GT MK2, and Wild One from a while ago..

IMG_4850.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Now I feel normal, we’ve had a long family tradition of when we go out for dinner, or get fish & chips is ‘Who got the longest chip competition’ 😂

No video here either but I’ve kept the trophies from my GT MK2, and Wild One from a while ago..

IMG_4850.jpg

That's just one level further... You KEPT them @Re-Bugged 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You guys are doing it all wrong.

You're supposed to hack at it like a mad man so it looks like it's been attacked with some nail clippers, then gradually bring it back to some semblance of neat-ness using a dremel.

Tut tut.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

And at the other end of the spectrum here is just some of the aftermath from my attempt to cut out my first body (a GF-01). I like to think I am maintaining the cosmic balance here :)

gf01BodyBits.thumb.JPG.4da1fd8d0d37d88d8de77d3f1b9265df.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

I think that a large crisp brings joy remains about the thing the nation can agree on.

I firmly believe if you found a dorito large enough we would vote it in as prime minister.

Couldn't do a worse job than Truss.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

You guys are doing it all wrong.

You're supposed to hack at it like a mad man so it looks like it's been attacked with some nail clippers, then gradually bring it back to some semblance of neat-ness using a dremel.

Tut tut.

I propose we do the "Tamiya Club GT3 nail clipper challenge": find a Porsche 911 GT3 body on eBay (about 200-300$) then using only a set of dull and rusty nail clippers, gradually bring it to the final shape. No other tools permitted. Best body wins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I firmly believe if you found a dorito large enough we would vote it in as prime minister.

On my first read through, I misread Dorito as something else starting with D being large enough. 🤣

8 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

dremel

Dremel is a life and time saver. Cannot believe I had not discovered it earlier. No more wrapping sandpaper around something round and hard, used in stroking motion usually while watching some movie. 

• Like 1

I hate you all. Well except for Gebbly, Gebbly can stay :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Krustybus said:

Is this like trying to peel a potato in one go?

Pretty much! 

Anyone done the whole score line without knife leaving shell? 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gebbly said:

And at the other end of the spectrum here is just some of the aftermath from my attempt to cut out my first body (a GF-01). I like to think I am maintaining the cosmic balance here :)

gf01BodyBits.thumb.JPG.4da1fd8d0d37d88d8de77d3f1b9265df.JPG

I can confirm that this is the correct way to do it and it actually shows a lot more skill. 

And yes, this is the way I do it - as if you had to ask!!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

I can confirm that this is the correct way to do it and it actually shows a lot more skill. 

And yes, this is the way I do it - as if you had to ask!!

We may need an award at the other end of the scale for ending up with the largest number of lexan shards (bonus point for stabbing yourself with one?)! 

Thinking about it, fans of the TD2/4 or that F1(?) thing could nearly win both at once. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

We may need an award at the other end of the scale for ending up with the largest number of lexan shards (bonus point for stabbing yourself with one?)! 

Thinking about it, fans of the TD2/4 or that F1(?) thing could nearly win both at once. 

Nice Flat Coat ! ;) 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Ooo oooh! I get the bonus points!! Most body lubricant I have freed came from grappling with a pair of TRF rear wings - honestly, the plastic is so thick around the corners of those I ended up clipping away at it with a pair of heavy duty side cutters and then managed to slice my thumb open on a row of razer sharp edges.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, gizard said:

Nice Flat Coat ! ;) 

Top dog breed recognising there! Yeah she's a cracker this one. Was only 8-9 months old in that vid. 

37 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Ooo oooh! I get the bonus points!! Most body lubricant I have freed came from grappling with a pair of TRF rear wings - honestly, the plastic is so thick around the corners of those I ended up clipping away at it with a pair of heavy duty side cutters and then managed to slice my thumb open on a row of razer sharp edges.

Further bonus points available for use of tin snips/angle grinder. 

• Haha 1

It’s been a while since I have cut a body out, but, taa daaaa 😁

image.jpg

I must admit this Scooby hatch has got to be one of the easiest, all straight around the bottom and no funny notches to negotiate. Still very satisfying nonetheless with just using a Stanley knife fitted with a fresh blade. 

• Like 7